Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro, New Orleans

• Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro
    by malianrob
  • Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro
    by malianrob
    Yeah...it tasted good too!
    by aphrodyte
  • malianrob's Profile Photo

Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro: Excellent desserts

by malianrob Updated Apr 4, 2011

We came here a few times because this place was very close to our condo. Also it was one of the only places still opened after most of the parades. We didnt even have to get in our car, we just walked here.
    The food wasnt bad but it wasnt great. What I loved the most here was the desserts. One time I came here I had the chicken kabobs and mashed ptoatoes. Rob had the jambalaya. He thought it was good. Another occassion I had some pasta with chicken. It was alright. Rob got mussels and some other seafood. He said it was great.
    Since i am not a seafood person I had a hard time in New Orleans. From what I hear, they have tons of great seafood. Rob can vouch for that. Me?.. I cant.

Favorite Dish: The fudge brownie a la mode was great and so was their strawberry cheesecake. All their desserts looked really good.
    The service was very good also. The prices where average.

• aphrodyte's Profile Photo

Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro: Did I mention dessert??

by aphrodyte Updated Apr 4, 2011

The front side of Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro

MON-THU 11 am-11 pm.
    FRI-SAT 11 am-1 am.
    SUN 10:30 am-11 pm

Check out my other entry for Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro. I just added this one to show the front of the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: I forgot to add the dessert part....I took the Creme Caramel Cheesecake back to the hotel room and my daughter had the fudge brownie a la mode.

• aphrodyte's Profile Photo

Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro: The name lured me in, the food got me to stay!

by aphrodyte Written Oct 17, 2003

Yeah...it tasted good too!

Having never ventured into the garden district of New Orleans we decided to check out the St. Charles streetcar line to find some decent grub.

Within 10 minutes of our hotel we found this place right on the line. It was a little difficult finding the entrance to the restaurant which was within a small boutique hotel. However, the receptionist was kind enought to direct us in the right way.

I think what make our experience better than the usual restaurant stay was our server. Unfortunately, I don't remember what his name was but he was exceptionally helpful, friendly and attentive. Worth more than the usual 20% tip I normally give. I also noticed that we arrived when the tempo was low keyed and there were many servers mulling about with nothing to do. The style of the restaurant had dark colors lit with some unique floor lamps centered in the middle of the room and a distinct roarin' 20s night club feel.

Favorite Dish: As an appetizer we had some eggplant sticks seasoned, breaded and fried, topped with parmesan cheese and served with dipping sauce.

I had a blackened Ahi Tuna steak with sweet potato fries and grilled veggies. The spices of the fish was awesome!

My daughter had the chicken in a basket - battered and fried boneless chicken breast served with fries and corn.

For fun I ordered a New Orleans Nectar - peach schnapps & midori with pineapple and cranberry juices and my daughter had a Princess Leia - Sprite and cherry juice over crushed ice.

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro
4.0 out of 5 stars