Court of Two Sisters, New Orleans

by LadeeInAZ
  • Court of Two Sisters
    by 850prc
  • LadeeInAZ's Profile Photo

The Court of Two Sisters: Saturday Jazz Brunch - great day!

by LadeeInAZ Updated Feb 17, 2011

We were fortunate to sit outside in the courtyard for the Saturday Jazz Brunch. The Jazz band played throughout the restaurant and it was delightful when they played in the courtyard. The service by Troy was very attentive and we never lacked for coffee or other drinks. We sat at a table for six, and all had the buffet lunch. The variety of food was good, with a hot line (and hot desserts) and a salad/cold line (and more desserts. The food and ambiance was well worth the price. Would recommend this.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish? It's difficult to say with a buffet but the turtle soup was yummy. It was thick and tasty, with a free pour of the sherry.

Pecan Pie

• Court of the two Sisters: Worst experience ever!

by Elorac28 Written Jun 17, 2010

JUNE 2010 - This restaurant is OVER RATED, OVER PRICED AND REALLY NOT RESPECTFUL OF THEIR CLIENTS. NEW OWNERS, EVERYTHING IS HORRIBLE AND IT COSTS US $400 USD. We arrived at 8h00pm, we sat only at 8h45, they have 4 courses meal and it costs 50$ USD and more. The entree was pretty long to come, so for the main course we took a second bottle of wine (around 9h30), at 9h45pm they started to close the lights, remove chairs, closing the terrasse but naturally we didn't have the time to finish the wine yet, neither our meal. We didn't have our dessert or coffee yet neither. At 10h00, they started to push us to pay and at 10h15 they litterally kick us out of the restaurant. The manager came and said we should have known it was closing at 10h00!!! He started to scream, did not want at all we finish our meal, wine and dessert and treathen us to call the police if we didn't leave!!!

• doug48's Profile Photo

court of the two sisters: historic restaurant

by doug48 Updated Jun 1, 2009

the court of the two sisters is an excellent cafe style restaurant located in the french quarter. they specialize in local seafood and also serve steaks and american fare. the court of the two sisters is one of the better restaurants in new orleans.

court of the two sisters

• maestrousmc's Profile Photo

Court of Two Sisters: You have to Include the Jazz Brunch in your Trip

by maestrousmc Updated Apr 30, 2008

A trip to New Orleans would not be complete without enjoying the live Jazz Brunch Buffet served in what they claim to be the French Quarter’s largest courtyard.

Enjoy standard brunch classics such as Eggs Benedict and not-so-standard spicy Oysters Bienville while musicians move around the dining area.

For a quiet, romantic evening enjoy a Creole Dinner featuring dishes such as Veal Oscar and Crabmeat, Shrimp, and Crawfish Penne Pasta.

Concerning who the two sisters are, their website says: "The restaurant is named for two sisters, Emma and Bertha Camors, born 1858 and 1860 respectively, who belonged to a proud and aristocratic Creole family. Their "rabais", or notions shop, outfitted many of the city's finest women with formal gowns, lace and perfumes imported from Paris. The sisters died within two months of each other in 1944. United in death as in life, the sisters lie side by side at St. Louis Cemetery #3. "

Favorite Dish: The Jazz brunch ($35.00) is a must for any visit to NOLA. It's an institution among locals. A little pricey but you get what you pay for.

• The Court of Two Sisters: A GREAT Place

by lamelucy Written Mar 14, 2008

My brother and I visited New Orleans a few years prior to Katrina. He treated me to the Sunday Buffet and we would have eaten on the patio, but, because of a bit of rain came we went upstairs. It was charming up there, in "shabby chic". The buffet was one of the largest and most varied we had ever encountered, and, I have seen a few. We each carried two platefuls upstairs and thoroughly enjoyed mimosas, the VERY excellent food and the oh so charming company of a waiter in tails. We asked him to sit with us while we ate, and thoroughly enjoyed his wit and undeniable charm. I would give this beautiful place a 5 star rating. No matter where we ate in that once beautiful city, did we not enjoy the very fine cuisine, the friendly, accommodating service, and the ever cheerful attitude of the people we came into contact with. The restaurant is up and going again, and I urge all who visit, New Orleans, not to leave without eating at least ONCE at The Court of Two Sisters.

Favorite Dish: EVERYTHING but esp. Eggs Benedict, ANY seafood and DESSERTS are to die for.

• Court of Two Sisters, The: Lovely courtyard, mediocre food

by cfischer Written Jan 5, 2008

The courtyard is lovely -- even in winter, it's usually mild enough to sit outside under the vines. Service is thoughtful and attentive, although they are busy.

The food, however, is nothing to write home about. My mahi-mahi was overdone, and the accompanying sauce and shrimp too salty to be edible. My companions had similar complaints about their dishes. The desserts seemed pre-packaged (especially the pecan pie), although the flambeed ones were entertaining.

They can accommodate large groups, which is nice, but if you're a small party, I'd try for someplace smaller with better food.

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Court of Two Sisters, The: I Didn't See Any Sisters...

by BigBlueOne Updated Mar 27, 2007

Beautiful courtyard in a city that is full of beautiful courtyards. If you come here, make sure you're seated as the sun goes down so you can enjoy the full spectrum as the lights creep down the buildings and the courtyard lights take over.

Favorite Dish: The filet was very good besides being a tad raw for my taste.

• cromette's Profile Photo

Court of Two Sisters, The: For the ultimate French Quarter Tourist Experience

by cromette Updated Mar 13, 2007

Court of Two Sisters is a traditional standby for us. Historically, the food is not remarkable, but is good. The restaurant is consistent, the food is never bad, the selection is great and the waitstaff is very attentive. They have recently pared down their buffet selection, and I believe that I have seen an improvement in the food quality as a result.

If you have never been, you should go. The atmosphere is very nice, with the live jazz music, and the breeze flowing through the courtyard. Their buffet selection is incredible consisting of Turtle Soup au Sherry, boiled shrimp and crawfish, fruits and cheeses and an incredible cold bar with pasta salads, pates, and ceviche; a carving station; a hot station with traditional breakfast fare as well as Duck a l’Orange , Oysters Bienville, and Grillades and Grits. The dessert bar is magnificent with a beautiful selection of cakes and pies and home churned vanilla ice cream. The Mimosas on the courtyard are one of my favorite French Quarter experiences.

Peter was our waiter. He came to New Orleans because of Katerina, and the opportunities that followed in the service industry. He was very attentive and did a perfect job of serving. My seafood eating daughter named this one as her favorite pick.

Favorite Dish: It's a buffet, plenty to choose from. This is a great place to try the traditional New Orleans dishes that you've been afraid to order other places such as:

Oysters Bienville
    Grits & Grillades
    Crawfish
    Eggs Benedict

and many others.

• Court of Two Sisters, The: Not much of a Jazz Brunch

by cindyabs Written Aug 9, 2006

We went there using a coupon and I am glad we did-50.00 for what we got was way too steep.
    The Jazz Brunch consisted of one person playing for a bit and then disappearing. The website shows a trio.
    Eggs Benedict was Egg Benedict-singular and the Hollandaise sauce was barely warm.
    Service, or at least our waitress was not the most attentive-slow.

More of a two star deal for us.

• ErinInMD's Profile Photo

Court of Two Sisters, The: Go for the Jazz Brunch

by ErinInMD Written Apr 14, 2006

There are different options that you can have for a nice jazz brunch and Court of Two Sisters is one of the restaurants that if often mentioned. However, people will often really like it or really dislike Court of Two Sisters.

I liked it. We reserved a courtyard table and really didn't need the reservation. Post Katrina, the brunch was full, but you could see an empty table or two. We were lucky enough to be seated near a fan. We were under some tree covered awnings and would occasionally have a bloom from the tree on our table. Not really an issue for a lovely atmosphere and nice jazz.

The jazz brunch comes with coffee and tea. Orange juice is extra as is all the alcoholic drinks (duh). The brunch is buffet style with a lot of cold and hot options. If eggs are your thing, head to the egg station to get an omelet made your way.

If you go around 11:30'ish (as I did), fill up on the breakfast items while you can because they soon switch out to more lunch-type items before noon. I found out the hard way when I went back for more hash browns. :(

Favorite Dish: The desserts were very good. I had some king cake and bananas foster.

Court of Two Sisters sign

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Court of Two Sisters