Court of Two Sisters, The, New Orleans

• meteorologist1's Profile Photo

Court Tavern Po-Boy: Quick bite to eat on Bourbon Street

by meteorologist1 Updated Mar 30, 2013

Jambalaya

Feeling hungry and just want a quick bite to eat of authentic New Orleans food? The Court Tavern Po-Boy on Bourbon Street belonging to the Court of Two Sisters is a good place to stop. The prices are reasonable and you can satisfy your cravings of jambalaya, gumbo, and po-boys.

Favorite Dish: Jambalaya was very good. Authentically spicy! (Hint: Very spicy)

• Singles

• LadeeInAZ's Profile Photo

The Court of Two Sisters: Saturday Jazz Brunch - great day!

by LadeeInAZ Updated Feb 17, 2011

Pecan Pie

We were fortunate to sit outside in the courtyard for the Saturday Jazz Brunch. The Jazz band played throughout the restaurant and it was delightful when they played in the courtyard. The service by Troy was very attentive and we never lacked for coffee or other drinks. We sat at a table for six, and all had the buffet lunch. The variety of food was good, with a hot line (and hot desserts) and a salad/cold line (and more desserts. The food and ambiance was well worth the price. Would recommend this.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish? It's difficult to say with a buffet but the turtle soup was yummy. It was thick and tasty, with a free pour of the sherry.

• Court of the two Sisters: Worst experience ever!

by Elorac28 Written Jun 17, 2010

JUNE 2010 - This restaurant is OVER RATED, OVER PRICED AND REALLY NOT RESPECTFUL OF THEIR CLIENTS. NEW OWNERS, EVERYTHING IS HORRIBLE AND IT COSTS US $400 USD. We arrived at 8h00pm, we sat only at 8h45, they have 4 courses meal and it costs 50$ USD and more. The entree was pretty long to come, so for the main course we took a second bottle of wine (around 9h30), at 9h45pm they started to close the lights, remove chairs, closing the terrasse but naturally we didn't have the time to finish the wine yet, neither our meal. We didn't have our dessert or coffee yet neither. At 10h00, they started to push us to pay and at 10h15 they litterally kick us out of the restaurant. The manager came and said we should have known it was closing at 10h00!!! He started to scream, did not want at all we finish our meal, wine and dessert and treathen us to call the police if we didn't leave!!!

• doug48's Profile Photo

court of the two sisters: historic restaurant

by doug48 Updated Jun 1, 2009

court of the two sisters

the court of the two sisters is an excellent cafe style restaurant located in the french quarter. they specialize in local seafood and also serve steaks and american fare. the court of the two sisters is one of the better restaurants in new orleans.

• maestrousmc's Profile Photo

Court of Two Sisters: You have to Include the Jazz Brunch in your Trip

by maestrousmc Updated Apr 30, 2008

A trip to New Orleans would not be complete without enjoying the live Jazz Brunch Buffet served in what they claim to be the French Quarter’s largest courtyard.

Enjoy standard brunch classics such as Eggs Benedict and not-so-standard spicy Oysters Bienville while musicians move around the dining area.

For a quiet, romantic evening enjoy a Creole Dinner featuring dishes such as Veal Oscar and Crabmeat, Shrimp, and Crawfish Penne Pasta.

Concerning who the two sisters are, their website says: "The restaurant is named for two sisters, Emma and Bertha Camors, born 1858 and 1860 respectively, who belonged to a proud and aristocratic Creole family. Their "rabais", or notions shop, outfitted many of the city's finest women with formal gowns, lace and perfumes imported from Paris. The sisters died within two months of each other in 1944. United in death as in life, the sisters lie side by side at St. Louis Cemetery #3. "

Favorite Dish: The Jazz brunch ($35.00) is a must for any visit to NOLA. It's an institution among locals. A little pricey but you get what you pay for.

• Court of Two Sisters, The: Lovely courtyard, mediocre food

by cfischer Written Jan 5, 2008

The courtyard is lovely -- even in winter, it's usually mild enough to sit outside under the vines. Service is thoughtful and attentive, although they are busy.

The food, however, is nothing to write home about. My mahi-mahi was overdone, and the accompanying sauce and shrimp too salty to be edible. My companions had similar complaints about their dishes. The desserts seemed pre-packaged (especially the pecan pie), although the flambeed ones were entertaining.

They can accommodate large groups, which is nice, but if you're a small party, I'd try for someplace smaller with better food.

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Court of Two Sisters, The: I Didn't See Any Sisters...

by BigBlueOne Updated Mar 27, 2007

Beautiful courtyard in a city that is full of beautiful courtyards. If you come here, make sure you're seated as the sun goes down so you can enjoy the full spectrum as the lights creep down the buildings and the courtyard lights take over.

Favorite Dish: The filet was very good besides being a tad raw for my taste.

• cromette's Profile Photo

Court of Two Sisters, The: For the ultimate French Quarter Tourist Experience

by cromette Updated Mar 13, 2007

Court of Two Sisters is a traditional standby for us. Historically, the food is not remarkable, but is good. The restaurant is consistent, the food is never bad, the selection is great and the waitstaff is very attentive. They have recently pared down their buffet selection, and I believe that I have seen an improvement in the food quality as a result.

If you have never been, you should go. The atmosphere is very nice, with the live jazz music, and the breeze flowing through the courtyard. Their buffet selection is incredible consisting of Turtle Soup au Sherry, boiled shrimp and crawfish, fruits and cheeses and an incredible cold bar with pasta salads, pates, and ceviche; a carving station; a hot station with traditional breakfast fare as well as Duck a l’Orange , Oysters Bienville, and Grillades and Grits. The dessert bar is magnificent with a beautiful selection of cakes and pies and home churned vanilla ice cream. The Mimosas on the courtyard are one of my favorite French Quarter experiences.

Peter was our waiter. He came to New Orleans because of Katerina, and the opportunities that followed in the service industry. He was very attentive and did a perfect job of serving. My seafood eating daughter named this one as her favorite pick.

Favorite Dish: It's a buffet, plenty to choose from. This is a great place to try the traditional New Orleans dishes that you've been afraid to order other places such as:

Oysters Bienville
    Grits & Grillades
    Crawfish
    Eggs Benedict

and many others.

• Court of Two Sisters, The: Not much of a Jazz Brunch

by cindyabs Written Aug 9, 2006

We went there using a coupon and I am glad we did-50.00 for what we got was way too steep.
    The Jazz Brunch consisted of one person playing for a bit and then disappearing. The website shows a trio.
    Eggs Benedict was Egg Benedict-singular and the Hollandaise sauce was barely warm.
    Service, or at least our waitress was not the most attentive-slow.

More of a two star deal for us.

• ErinInMD's Profile Photo

Court of Two Sisters, The: Go for the Jazz Brunch

by ErinInMD Written Apr 14, 2006

Court of Two Sisters sign

There are different options that you can have for a nice jazz brunch and Court of Two Sisters is one of the restaurants that if often mentioned. However, people will often really like it or really dislike Court of Two Sisters.

I liked it. We reserved a courtyard table and really didn't need the reservation. Post Katrina, the brunch was full, but you could see an empty table or two. We were lucky enough to be seated near a fan. We were under some tree covered awnings and would occasionally have a bloom from the tree on our table. Not really an issue for a lovely atmosphere and nice jazz.

The jazz brunch comes with coffee and tea. Orange juice is extra as is all the alcoholic drinks (duh). The brunch is buffet style with a lot of cold and hot options. If eggs are your thing, head to the egg station to get an omelet made your way.

If you go around 11:30'ish (as I did), fill up on the breakfast items while you can because they soon switch out to more lunch-type items before noon. I found out the hard way when I went back for more hash browns. :(

Favorite Dish: The desserts were very good. I had some king cake and bananas foster.

• sunlovey's Profile Photo

Court of Two Sisters: Incredible brunch to live jazz...

by sunlovey Written Feb 6, 2005

a picture of the courtyard

This place seems of another era... the setting is truly lovely, the music- live jazz- is great, the brunch buffet was enormous and delicious...

tons of seafood, paté, cheeses, meats, fresh fruit, banana's foster, bread pudding, i can not begin to remember all it offered, but i know it was plenty and good.

The staff was friendly and accommodating. I think having brunch here is a must while in New Orleans.

We sat indoors in the terrace room (beautiful) as it was chilly that day but they do have a beautiful courtyard you can sit in too.

Favorite Dish: I had the brunch... everything was scrumptious. It is a bit expensive but worth it.

• Jonathan_C's Profile Photo

Court of Two Sisters: evening elegance

by Jonathan_C Updated Oct 6, 2004

Court of Two Sisters

The Court of Two Sisters boasts the largest courtyard in the French Quarter. Here you'll find locals and tourists out for an elegant evening away from all the chaos of Bourbon St. They actually have two entrances: one on Royal and one on Bourbon. If you really want to experience what I love most about the French Quarter -- concurrent alternative realities -- spend half an hour on Bourbon St. before coming here. Tour past the loud bars, the street performers, the hand grenade stand, the drunks, the topless/bottomless spot, etc. until you've had enough. Then dive into the Two Sisters Bourbon St. entrance for a radically different reality. The two are just a few feet apart. It's amazing!

Favorite Dish: I shot my wad and had the prix fix menu at a table disappointingly occupied only by myself. The service was excellent but the food itself showed the strain of hundreds of customers per day. It was all good but nothing was outstanding; nothing was unique. The salad, in fact, was downright plain. I guess it's only served to tourists like me, though. True southerners always sautee their greens in butter and cream. To top everything off you should finish with Bananas Foster.

Based on other tips I've read I'd probably recommend the Two Sisters for the Jazz Brunch but not necessarily for dinner. I do feel like I got value for my money, though. One has to pay for ambience and good service and that was served up in abundance.

• Court of Two Sisters: brunch is a treat

by HolgerK Written Aug 16, 2004

The atmosphere sitting in a secluded courtyard and garden within the French Quarter with some background live-jazz is un-repeatable! The variety of the buffet is big, so you get an opportunity to try all major cajun specialities, although other food is offered too. The quality, considering the big number they cater for, is acceptable. The service certainly is stressed in such a full place, especially on such a day when it starts to rain without end and all guests including their food and drinks have to be placed inside suddenly. But they coped with it with great ease and remained to be very helpfull and polite.

• mesoblonda's Profile Photo

The Court of Two Sisters: Great brunch!

by mesoblonda Written Feb 24, 2004

The food was local fare...with other things mixed in as well. Everything from crawfish to Eggs Benedict to pasta salad to champagne! A little pricey but a great experience! There is a a beautiful courtyard with a fountain. My recommendation is to try a little bit of everything!

Favorite Dish: Mmmm, the bread pudding and rum sauce! The Eggs Benedict were great as well!

• Virtuous_Tourist's Profile Photo

Court of Two Sisters: A New Orleans tradition

by Virtuous_Tourist Updated Jan 9, 2004

Unforgettable dining, thanks to a large courtyard and an extensive brunch buffet.
    Fountains and a playful jazz band create a soothing atmosphere under a canopy of wisteria in the French Quarter's biggest courtyard for dining. Inside is elegantly done with white linen and mirrors.
    One of the very best outdoor dining locations in the city of New Orleans.

Favorite Dish: Too many choices on the Jazz Brunch to decide a favorite dish. Try the grits and grillades.

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Court of Two Sisters, The