Deanie's Seafood, New Orleans

by doug48
  • ChrisSheena's Profile Photo

Deanie's: Don't Miss the Seafood

by ChrisSheena Written Apr 28, 2013

You cannot make reservations so be prepared to wait. We visited on a Saturday evening in April about 7:45pm and had an hour wait. There is a bar and room to stand and drink and talk so the wait is quite manageable.

Favorite Dish: Another VT member recommended the Barbeque Shrimp starter - thank you !! We totally concur - these large shrimp are beautifully prepared and the sauce is fantastic. You have to stop yourself licking the bowl having mopped up as much of the sauce as possible with your bread.

Don't leave without trying this

• Deanie's: Outstanding!!!

by kacee999 Written Dec 11, 2012

Just got back from a train trip (!!!) to New Orleans. Ate at Deanie's two nights in a row. Outstanding seafood and a LOT OF IT! You HAVE to try their crawfish dressing balls. They are to die for. Would love to have the recipe. Mmmmmmmmm!!!

Favorite Dish: Fried shrimp, fried catfish, crawfish dressing balls, crab fingers! MMMMMMMMM

• Deannie's: BBQ shrimp appetizer- OMG

by codeman5279 Written Oct 15, 2011

Everytime we get to New Orleans we have to eat there- more than once. The red potatotoes instead of bread- spicey and fabulous. I love the spinach salad with oysters. But OMG I tried the BBQ shrimp and it was to die for. Used the french bread stick to soak up the sauce- couldn't get enough of it. Have never had a meal that wasn't so good I couldn't wait to come back to town to order it again!

Favorite Dish: The BBQ shrimp appetizer- even though the shrimp have the heads on- which I am not used to - and you have to peel it, once I tasted it- I couldn't get enough. I didn't care how messy I got and I used the bread to soak up every drop of the sauce. My son had ordered it before and I am just sad I didn't try it then!

• doug48's Profile Photo

deanie's: seafood

by doug48 Updated Apr 4, 2011

deanie's is a local seafood restaurant with four locations in new orleans. the deanie's in the french quarter is an excellent value especially for families and tourists on a budget. very good cajun dishes and local seafood moderately priced.

deanie's seafood

• leo.weeks's Profile Photo

Deanie's Seafood: Excellent Locals Favorite!

by leo.weeks Updated Apr 4, 2011

One of the best seafood places in New Orleans. More for local businessmen and families who want a huge amount of food for decent price. Wife and I visited the city I grew up in and told an old friend we wanted some good seafood other than our usual eating spot "Cafe Maspero". He suggested Deanie's as it was a short walk from his office. When we arrived I was wary because it looked like a place full of well dressed businessmen. I was right, but they weren't the only ones there. The food is excellent! My wife always gets the "crab four ways" or somthing like that. I always share some with her and I get the seafood platter, usually fried oysters and fried shrimp. In season also get a couple pounds of crawfish for an appetizer. You will have leftovers unless you share one meal, but it is all too good to do that! We have now eaten there about 20 times and will be eating there again the weekend of the 18th April. Get a fresh Abita Beer on tap and loosen your belt!
    UPDATE APRIL 2009!!!!!!!---Wife and I met friends there weekend of 13 april and the food was HORRIBLE! crawfish was the blandest I have ever had, potato's were tiny and tasteless, all around really really bad, I am sorry to say this but this is no longer my favorite seafood place in NewO! I might give them one more chance, but it doesn't look good.

Favorite Dish: free spicy potato appetizer, crawfish,Crab Balls (way better than any stuffed crab I have ever had!), Crab Au Gratin, fried Shrimp, fried Oysters

• Deanie's: Good portions of seafood for a good price

by Alegria3k Updated Apr 4, 2011

When you walk in, Deanie's looks like a cafeteria only it has a full service bar instead of a food line. The dining area is spacious. Both times I ate there, the service was good. The waiters were prompt and friendly. The restaurant is clean and not too noisy. *** It's not what I would call a "unique New Orleans" experience, but it was good food.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the seafood boil which, at that time of year, included shrimp and large blue crab but no crawfish. Be sure to specify how many pounds of shrimp (I got half a pound) and how many crabs (I got 2) that you want. I also ordered some raw oysters. A friend who joined me for dinner ordered the crab salad. For lunch, you are brought spicy red potatoes to snack on while you wait for your food; for dinner, you are brought French bread. The potatoes were delicious. The bread was ordinary. My friend was impressed with the amount of crab that came on her crab salad. She enjoyed her meal. I was impressed with the spice on my seafood boil, tasty and not too spicy hot. I was also impressed with the size of the shrimp; they use medium to large shrimp. The shrimp were a little hard to peel both times I ate there but maybe it's the way it was cooked. The oysters came with seafood sauce, horseradish, and lemons. The oysters were cut from the shell so that I did not have to separate them before eating (not all restaurants seem to do that).

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Deanie's Seafood
4.5 out of 5 stars