Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse, New Orleans

716 Iberville St. 504-522-2467

Dickie Brennan's, NOLA
    by goodfish
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse: Here's the beef!

by goodfish Updated May 3, 2010

Dickie Brennan's, NOLA

Goodfish rarely eats steak so we wouldn't have landed here if not for a business dinner. I needn't have worried as, besides steaks of all sizes, Brennen's also offers fish, salads and a handful of excellent sides. All of the beefeaters in our group raved about the quality of the steak, and the yummy sides (creamed spinach, au gratin potatoes, etc.) are large enough for several people to share. The decor is consistent with good steakhouses - tailored, no-nonsense, linen tablecloths, a little on the dark side - and very nice. A friendly, professional service staff kept our glasses and bread baskets full.

Everything is a la carte - salads and sides are around $7, shareable sides and desserts are about the same, entrees run $30-$40. The bananas foster bread pudding is heaven - good choice for a sweet ending if you have any room left! Check their website for menu, prices and hours (lunch and dinner).

No formal dress code here (no jackets required) but I'd definately lean on the business casual to sportcoat side and save your jeans or shorts for a more casual venue. You'd feel out of place in a t-shirt and tennis shoes.

Note: D.B.'s Steakhouse sustained serious Katrina water damage during Katrina but was beautifully restored.

Favorite Dish: Everyone who had steak said it was very good and done perfectly to order. I thought the sides and desserts were excellent - especially the au gratins and bread pudding.

• Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse: A True Dining Experience

by bluecampersue Written Nov 12, 2006

I have been to this restaurant with my husband to celebrate Mother's Day and my birthday, and a couple of other special occasions. Whenever we go we always ask for a server by the name of Jon. He patiently takes the time to explain anything we ask about food preparation and has given us the best treats from time to time of everything from Oysters, to Desserts to Bourbon Milk Punch teasers. He treats us so well, that we have referred our friends to the restaurant to ask for him and they have all been extremely pleased with service, atmosphere and food. They told us that especially like to bring out of towners here as they are treated like royalty and are thanked for visiting N. O.

The atmosphere is formal, and the staff are well-trained. The servers work in teams so you have quite a few persons waiting on you, one may bring drinks, Jon may take the order and another may pickup your plate when finished. The condition of the place is spotless and I promise you no food is returned here. The bar is beautiful and decorated with colorful ceramic Oyster trays. Bartenders are on the ball and you are never ignored. Many a football game is watched and celebrated here.

Ask if you can be seated by the window as I believe this is one of the best places to sit with all the natural light. If I had to bring someone for a special occasion, or an important business meeting, this is where I would bring them. There is parking right in back of the restaurant which is situated on a corner.

Favorite Dish: The favorites we have ordered from Cocktails to desserts are:

Cocktail: Bourbon Milk Punch & Bloody Mary's, Bailey's on the rocks
    Appetizers: Oysters Rockefeller, Bienville, Fonseca (Trio)
    Soups: Seafood Gumbo
    Plateaux De Fruits de Mer Fresh Shucked LA. Oysters, Gulf Shrimp, Seasonal
    Seafood Salad, Crab Fingers & Maine Lobster Tails
    Fish: La Stuffed Redfish
    Shell Fish: New Orleans Barbeque Shrimp
    N.O. Style Seafood Platters

Steaks: Any of them....they are always perfect!
    Desserts: Bread Pudding with Sauce
    Pontchatoula Strawberry Shortcake

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
3.0 out of 5 stars