Emeril's Delmonico Restaurant, New Orleans

1300 St. Charles Ave 504.525.4937

• JamalMorelli's Profile Photo

Emeril's Delmonico Restaurant: Rich of a Richness

by JamalMorelli Updated Apr 4, 2011

Delicious duck, endlessly spot-on wine list, a staff that went above and beyond the call of duty. Totally worth the bill (and it would need to be)

Favorite Dish: Like so many famous New Orleans restaurants, you won't be able to figure out exactly what it is that makes it so incredible - but the sauce that came with the duck was unreal.

• Wine Tasting

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Delmonico: Another Emeril's?

by Jmill42 Updated Apr 4, 2011

My favorite restuarant is Emeril's namesake restaurant. Another one of his THREE New Orleans restaurants is Delmonico, and it is right behind Emeril's on my list. Each restaurant provides a different atmosphere, with Emeril's being more modern and fun, and Delmonico being more regal and distingushised. While I prefer the more laid-back atmosphere and light and cheerful ambience at Emeril's, both provide FABULOUS food and are definitely worth the expense. Reservations recommended. Attire is "upscale business" or classier.

Favorite Dish: Being as though I have only had one meal (though I sampled everyones dish at the table), I will list the things I have eaten:

Wine (This was my favorite wine of all time and I drink a lot of wine)- Sandrone, Dolcetto D'Alba (Italian Red)

Appetizer- Carpaccio of Filet Mignon
    with Capers, Fire Roasted Peppers, Reggiano Parmesan and Homemade Garlic Bread Sticks

Entree- Hickory Roasted Duck
    with Savory Rosemary Bread Pudding, Kiln Dried Cherry Glaze and Hazelnut Wilted Asparagus

Dessert- Vanilla Bean Crème Brûllé

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Emeril's Delmonico Restaurant: Great service,Great Food

by malianrob Updated Apr 4, 2011

While in New Orleans we celebrated our anniversary at Emerils Delmonico. We called a few hours before and just tried our luck. Luckily for us we were able to get in as there was only one reservation left.
    We walked here from our hotel. It was an easy walk a few miles away. To our surprise as we were eatting our dinner Kevin Costner comes in with a small entourage. Apparently he was to be on one of the parades the following day and he came here for dinner too.
    The place is fancy, the service is excellent. They are always watching to see if your glass is alost empty so they can fill it up or if you are done with your food to take away a plate or something. Very attentive.
    We called before hand to find out about dress codeshere. No shorts. We went casual but nice and they were cool with that.

Favorite Dish: I had a filet mignon and Rob had the New York Steak. Mines was excellent! We also had mashed potatoes and spinach. Everthing was excellent.

• DJMist's Profile Photo

Emeril's Delmonico Restaurant: Classy Garden District dining

by DJMist Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Delmonico

This is a turn-of-the-century home which has operated as a restaurant since 1895. Since its re-establishment in 1997, the restaurant has been in the hands of world-famous chef, Emeril Lagasse. My wife and I took her parents here for their anniversary and had an incredible meal. I had a portabella manicotti and my wife had what she claims is the 'best steak ever.' I tried to find out for myself but was nearly stabbed. I'll take her word for it. We finished off with Banana's Foster prepared tableside. This is a must at least once on a trip to N.O. It is the only one of Emeril's restaurants that I've dined in. It has a great atmosphere which is leant a hand by the age of the place. Reservations are highly recommended.

Favorite Dish: Bananas Foster

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Delmonico's: Emeril's

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Emeril's Delmonico from the streetcar stop

I think Delmonico's is one of Emeril's restaurants. We didn't eat there because we thought it would be too expensive. We went to Uglesich's for lunch instead.

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Emeril's Delmonico Restaurant
4.0 out of 5 stars