Hard Rock Cafe, New Orleans

125 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70130 +1 504-529-5617

Fats Domino's Piano top
  • Hard Rock Cafe
    by TravellerMel
    The name of the band is... COWBOY MOUTH!
  • TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Rockin' Hard in the Big Easy!

by TravellerMel Updated May 21, 2013

I am a Hard Rock Cafe junkie - I seek them out, they are part of my travel destination criteria. That being said, I love this location. That it is my local Hard Rock makes me a bit biased, since I have visited this one more times than any other. The St. Peters Street location moved in December 2012; it is now located in the heart of the French Quarter, right there on Bourbon Street (one block off of Canal). Walk around to look at the rock-n-roll memorabilia (including Fat's Domino's autographed piano cover). The music on the closed circuit is great, if a little loud at times. The menu is varied and the prices are reasonable. A nice place to sit for a spell to get out of the heat. They make a great hurricane at the bar. They have a stage and often host live music events (it IS the Hard Rock, after all), and a fully stocked Rock Shop for your t-shirt, pin, and shot glass collecting pleasure. :-)

Favorite Dish: I love the pulled pork sandwich, which is topped with coleslaw and served with fries. The BBQ sauce is not too tangy-not too sweet; the perfect mix to my taste.

I also like the nachos, but beware - they are huge! You can't go wrong with the traditional burger and fries either...

Peters St - CLOSED Fats Domino's Piano top The name of the band is... COWBOY MOUTH!
    • Music

• Hard Rock Cafe: Not Impressed

by mtate2870 Written Jul 3, 2009

I had a bad experience here. My order was made incorrectly THREE times and when it finally was correct, I was not that impressed. I found it overpriced and the service poor. The restrooms were also the filthiest I've seen in a restaurant in a while.

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: You Can Almost Feel Satchmo Sitting Next to You

by Basaic Written Jul 27, 2007

New Orleans must be one of the nmost appropriate places possible to have a Hard Rock Cafe. Not that people like Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong was into hard rock; but NO is home to some great music. The Hard Rock Cafe New Orleans has his trumpet on display. The food was great, the staff friendly, and the atmosphere was electric. I really did keep looking for Louis.

Favorite Dish: The Cajun Food was great. Try some Gumbo and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Hard Rock Cafe
4.5 out of 5 stars