Hard Rock Cafe, New Orleans

4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 5 Reviews

418 N. Peters Street, New Orleans, LA

The name of the band is... COWBOY MOUTH!
    Fats Domino's Piano top
  • Hard Rock Cafe
  • TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Rockin' Hard in the Big Easy!

by TravellerMel Updated May 21, 2013

I am a Hard Rock Cafe junkie - I seek them out, they are part of my travel destination criteria. That being said, I love this location. That it is my local Hard Rock makes me a bit biased, since I have visited this one more times than any other. The St. Peters Street location moved in December 2012; it is now located in the heart of the French Quarter, right there on Bourbon Street (one block off of Canal). Walk around to look at the rock-n-roll memorabilia (including Fat's Domino's autographed piano cover). The music on the closed circuit is great, if a little loud at times. The menu is varied and the prices are reasonable. A nice place to sit for a spell to get out of the heat. They make a great hurricane at the bar. They have a stage and often host live music events (it IS the Hard Rock, after all), and a fully stocked Rock Shop for your t-shirt, pin, and shot glass collecting pleasure. :-)

Favorite Dish: I love the pulled pork sandwich, which is topped with coleslaw and served with fries. The BBQ sauce is not too tangy-not too sweet; the perfect mix to my taste.

I also like the nachos, but beware - they are huge! You can't go wrong with the traditional burger and fries either...

• Music

• Hard Rock Cafe: Not Impressed

by mtate2870 Written Jul 3, 2009

I had a bad experience here. My order was made incorrectly THREE times and when it finally was correct, I was not that impressed. I found it overpriced and the service poor. The restrooms were also the filthiest I've seen in a restaurant in a while.

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: You Can Almost Feel Satchmo Sitting Next to You

by Basaic Written Jul 27, 2007

New Orleans must be one of the nmost appropriate places possible to have a Hard Rock Cafe. Not that people like Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong was into hard rock; but NO is home to some great music. The Hard Rock Cafe New Orleans has his trumpet on display. The food was great, the staff friendly, and the atmosphere was electric. I really did keep looking for Louis.

Favorite Dish: The Cajun Food was great. Try some Gumbo and a grilled cheese sandwich.

• BuickMackane's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: My daughter loved it!

by BuickMackane Written Jun 8, 2005

OK, so every major city's got a Hard Rock Cafe now. Still, it was fun to take my daughter there for lunch and show her the artifacts belonging to such artists as Kiss, Lenny Kravitz, Maroon 5, etc. The service was excellent and attentive. We had burgers for lunch and they were quite enjoyable. There's a parking lot next door, but they don't validate your ticket any more.

• Music

• nuker's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Good, Dependable Place

by nuker Written Jan 5, 2005

The restaraunt and service are always good in the Hard Rock Cafe's. I know they are tourist traps and overpriced, but it is always a great place to go and have a good meal. The waiter or waitress's will give you good tips about places to go and things to see.

Favorite Dish: I get a Cheesburger and fries.

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Hard Rock Cafe
3.5 out of 5 stars