Margaritaville, New Orleans

French Market, 1104 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116 +1 504-592-2565

• leo.weeks's Profile Photo

Margaritaville: Had some drinks there

by leo.weeks Updated Apr 4, 2011

Nicely decorated tourist trap. Must see if you are a fan of that culture (I am not) I am a fan of good drinks, so Wife and I decided to try it out on our way back from our favorite pizza place near there (LPK). A few years ago we had some Banana Margaritas at a steak house in another part of La. and we have been looking for one that good ever since. We figured a place called Margaritaville would make good margaritas. We were glad at first that they said they could make us some, then we were very dissapointed with the taste and the high price. We expected the high price in such a touristy place, but hoped for better drinks. We tried the place again, I believe it was two for one Hurricanes that lured us in, again we were dissapointed, nothing comes close to the real Hurricanes from Pat Obriens. I haven't eaten there so I can't comment on that, but if you want a quality drink keep walkin.

Favorite Dish: N/A

• Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville: Best Onion Rings in Town!

by lorriorrio Updated Apr 4, 2011

New Orleans was my daughter's pick as to where she would like to celebrate her 21st birthday. I couldn't agree more and had a blast.....EXCEPT.....she is not very adventuresome when it comes to culinary delights! I thought she would turn into a hamburger before the trip was over. Being an official "Parrot Head" myself, I wanted to try this place out but really didn't expect for it to be much more than a tourist trap (sorry Jimmy). We were both very pleasantly surprised. The air was cold, music was great, food was wonderful and the balcony seating at night was very pleasant. As others have said, the margaritas were fabulous and my daughter was able to eat and drink a variety of food without getting out of her culinary "safe" zone! We ended up eating here several times during our trip...so I tried many different things and was never dissapointed. The location is also great and is a wonderful place to stop and rest after walking the french market area.

Favorite Dish: My daughter and I agree...the ONION RINGS are out of this world! Everything is wonderful but we would stop in sometimes just for a margarita (or two) and onion rings. Silly I know, but hey you only turn 21 once!

• Hermanater's Profile Photo

Margaritaville: Liscence to Chill

by Hermanater Written Nov 16, 2011

I thought the resturant was nicely done. I have been to three other margaritavilles and this one was one of the nicest. I liked the fact you could sit on the balcony over looking the street.
    It was nicely decorated.
    The staff were great.
    The drinks we big, cold and cheap.
    The food was crap.
    The sad thing about the food was it was over cooked and hard to eat. For this reason, I would hesitate to go back. I did think the tire swings at the bar were pretty cool. They were hard to get into. I couldn't imagine having lots to drink then try to get out of the tire swing.

Favorite Dish: Like any resturant, the food depends on how busy the place is and the cook on that particular day. We had the nacho plate and it was over cooked and hard to eat.

View down the street from the balcony Have a swinning good time. Have fun getting out after a few margaritas....
    • Music

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Margaritaville New Orleans: Margaritaville New Orleans

by TravellerMel Written Nov 27, 2012

We love Margaritaville! A fun time, good food, and stellar Margaritas! They offer a generous military discount, so if you are active service or retired, be sure to ask. We loved eating out on the balcony - so very New Orleans - and it was a beautiful day.

Favorite Dish: I had the shrimp po-boy with fries (which was big enough to share). My sister had the roast beef po-boy. In the past we have had the killer nachos and the "Cheeseburger in Paradise" - all very good.

Margaritaville New Orleans Margaritaville New Orleans Margaritaville New Orleans Margaritaville New Orleans

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Margaritaville
4.0 out of 5 stars