McDonald's, New Orleans

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

McDonald's: Around the Corner

by grandmaR Updated Jan 4, 2005

McDonalds at night

On the corner of Canal Streeet and Univerity Place where our hotel, the Fairmont and the Orpheum Theatre were situated was a pawn shop. There were always people outside of it selling stuff from tables on the sidewalk. Right next to this was McDonalds and next to that was a Chinese restaurant.

In the picture, the building on the corner next to the McDonalds is our hotel the Pierre Maison Lafitte.

Favorite Dish: I considered that going to McDonalds was a betrayal of New Orleans food, but we did get lunch there once when we had no time between two tours, and Bob got his dinner there twice. (One of those times I ate Chinese and once I ate leftover Chinese)

They have the usual McDonalds stuff

• McDonald's: McDonald's

by peach93 Written Apr 23, 2004

McDonald's

It's like many other McDonald's in this country, no doubt. But, for me, there is one thing that distinguishes this one. I know that I'm a New Englander and that perhaps that informs my opionion here, but this, hands down, has got to be the slowest McDonald's on the face of the earth. There were only two people in line in front of me and three regisisters open and, no word of a lie, I stood there for the better part of 20 minutes waiting for someone to take my order, never mind the food itself--a challenge for my quick-fire Northern soul to be sure. Of course in New Orleans this in quite normal, I just feel it to be my duty to let all of you know.

Instant Answers: New Orleans