Mr. B's Bistro, New Orleans

201 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70130 +1 504-523-2078

• yankeepeddler's Profile Photo

Mr. B's Bistro: Mr B's Bistro Outstanding

by yankeepeddler Written Nov 26, 2010

Mr B's Bistro is part of the famed Brennan's empire and it shows. The food quality is excellent, but you will pay for it. Unlike other restaurants around the country, entrees are pretty much ala carte - so be prepared to spend about $100 per couple - easily. That having been said, you won't be sorry. You have to treat yourself to at least one good meal - and if you agree, Mr. B's would be my pick.

Favorite Dish: My mother (in her 70's) is usually a pretty tough cookie when it comes to dining out. She ordered the half chicken (which we all pecked at) and everyone agreed, it was the best chicken we've ever had in our lives. It had the distinct taste and aroma of a cajun inspired dish, but the spices were just right and not over powering. I ordered the crab cakes for an appetizer. Being from Baltimore, I consider myself somewhat of a crab cake aficionado and these cakes were, once again, the best I've ever had. Double thumbs up.

Be sure to sample the local beers ( I am from Baltimore, after all)

• hackenbush's Profile Photo

Mr. B's Bistro: Mr B's

by hackenbush Written Jun 18, 2007

Our first night in the city, and usually our final lunch, is always spent here. It's right around the corner from where we stay and the food and service are always outstanding.

Favorite Dish: Love the gumbo ya ya .........enjoy watching others try to eat barbeque shrimp and not get messy.Excellent bar

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Mr. B's Bistro
4.5 out of 5 stars