Oliver's Creole Restaurant, New Orleans

5 out of 5 stars 5 Reviews

204 Decatur Street, New Orleans 504-525-7734

Oliver's Creole Restaurant: Bread Pudding

by vigi Updated Apr 22, 2004

Favorite Dish: Oh God... this is good!!! You don't know what you are missing if you have not try this. Unfortunately, man can not live by Bread Pudding alone...but this is definately a dessert treat! I remembered I said I cannot fill in anymore dessert, my stomach was full. But after a bite with this dessert, I finished it all!!!

Oliver's Creole Restaurant: Butter Shrimp Creloe Style

by vigi Updated Apr 22, 2004

Favorite Dish: Shrimp cooked in butter sauce with spicy rice. I could not stop eating the rice and jumping my forks to Eric's entree even I am already stuffed with my catfish! The rice is spicy but not hot (chilli), perfect mix with the butter sauce.

Oliver's Creole Restaurant: Catfish

by vigi Written Apr 22, 2004

Favorite Dish: This is probably the best catfish I had in Louisiana (actually, I didn't have catfish before, and I only tried out a few cafish restaurants in Louisiana). It taste a bit like salmon while the meat are less cewy than salmon. Normally I don't like having fish in western restaurant, but the way they cook this catfish is lovely!!! Just nice!!! The rice is also perfect. One thing I don'tlike is the baby carrot. I suspect they soak the baby carrot into sugar water, taste too sweet (I mean too sweet it's really too sweet), not natural at all.

Oliver's Creole Restaurant: Gumbo Soup

by vigi Written Apr 22, 2004

Favorite Dish: Gumbo Soup Sampler at Oliver's: including 3 different gumbo soup. I love the green color one, don't remember what they call it but simply fantastic!!! One of the red is good, the other is too sour (they put too much tomato) for me.

Oliver's Creole Restaurant: Wonderful Creole Cusine

by vigi Written Apr 22, 2004

One of the best Creole restaurant in town. The restaurant was started by current owner's grandma, he is now the 3rd generation running this family business.
    This place always crowded, reservations suggested.

Favorite Dish: Appetizer:
    1. Shrimp Plater - Lovely!
    2. Musrooms stuffed with crabmeat - Perfect!
    3. Fried Osyter - coating a little too thick, covering the fresh taste of the oyster, still good though.

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Oliver's Creole Restaurant