Pere Antoine, New Orleans

by Hermanater
  • Hermanater's Profile Photo

Pere Antoine's: Nothing special

by Hermanater Written Oct 22, 2011

The resturant is done up very nice. Looks like a very classy place. Very clean and bright on the insider.

Favorite Dish: We had breakfast Bayou omelettes. We were very disappointed. The food wassub par and the service was just as bad. The waiteress didn't seem to really care about her job.

For the price we paid, it really started our day off in a bad way.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Pere Antoine Restaurant - Royal St, French Quarter

by Ewingjr98 Updated Sep 27, 2011

Pere Antoine is located in the heart of the French Quarter, and it offers a wide variety of Cajun meals for breakfast, lunch and Dinner. The restaurant occupies one of the historic New Orleans properties with traditional high ceilings, tall windows, and wooden shutters.

We stopped here for a late, light lunch on a Friday afternoon, shortly following our arrival in the City of New Orleans. We were quickly seated a small table in the middle of the large, bright dining room that was fairly busy. I scanned the menu and ordered a Dixie beer, originally from new Orleans, but now brewed in Milwaukee since the brewery hasn't been restored following Katrina. I also decided on the smoked sausage po'boy for $10, while my companions also had po'boys. The smoked sausage was served split long ways, and it barely fit in the roll due to all the fresh veggies, but it was great.

This was a good meal, reasonably priced for the location, but not the best meal we had in New Orleans.

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Pere Antoine: Love the Cajun Omelette!

by TravellerMel Updated Apr 4, 2011

Restaurant is on the "quiet" end of Royal Street, and during the warm days they open up the doors to let in a breeze, which gives it an al fresco bistro feel - I love it! The restaurant is charming and casual, and the wait staff is friendly, and the food is nicely priced (more than McDonald's, less than Antoine's).

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish here is the Cajun Omelette - stuffed with crawfish and etouffee - it is delicious and very filling (about $10). My sister had the muffeletta, which she enjoyed very much (about $12). Of course, prices may and probably will change.

• ErinInMD's Profile Photo

Pere Antoine: Great place to watch the world go by

by ErinInMD Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Front of the restaurant

Post Katrina the restaurant wasn't very packed at 6:30 pm on a Friday night. There were about 6 other groups of people there while we ate. We sat close to the open window, which is a lovely feature of the restaurant. You don't feel so closed in.

The price per person may be a bit skewed because we both got fish -which is always more expensive. If you're getting fish, expect to be paying more on the low $20's side and other dishes are more in the $11-$20 range.

My boyfriend got catfish and thought it was decent - but not the best he's had. The ends of the fish were a little burnt. He also ordered the Pere Punch and it was very light on alcohol (and very girly looking. Guys, beware).

Favorite Dish: I got the blackened tuna. It came with seasonal vegetables (carrots, squash, etc) and potatoes (not quite mashed). The dish was pretty good. The tuna was a wee-bit tough, but not so much that I couldn't eat it. The side dishes were very tasty.

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Pere Antoine
4.5 out of 5 stars