Petunia's - CLOSED, New Orleans

4.5 out of 5 stars 5 Reviews

817 St. Louis Street, New Orleans LA

• Petunia's Restaurant: AWESOME SEAFOOD

by skipshag Written May 24, 2013

The seafood is off the chain. It was awesome, and the staff and people where so friendly we stayed 3 night's and we ate there 2 night's it was great. Thanks for the food and good service. Well be there again this June and I know you guy's want disappoint. 3

Favorite Dish: Shrimp platter
    The shrimp was large and the taste was so sweet and good. The portion's are over the top everything we ate there was great.

• HasTowelWillTravel's Profile Photo

Petunia's: Devine Breakfasts

by HasTowelWillTravel Updated Apr 4, 2011

Petunia's is a tiny little place in the French Quarter. Pink on the outside, pink on the inside. It has a great, friendly atmosphere. Get there early, cause it fills up fast, and no reservations. But the wait is totally worth it.

Favorite Dish: Their breakfasts are fantastic. I had the southern sausage breakfast, which came with eggs, andouille, boudin sausage, grits or hash browns and toast. The sausages were fresh and spicy, which complemented the hash browns very well. My companion had the French toast, which was larger than the plate it came on, along with a slice of whatever meat she wanted (pork, sausage, bacon). The toast was amazing; light, fluffy, a little chewy, and drizzled in powdered sugar. A homerun to be sure.

mmm, french toast Petunia's

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Petunia's: Awesome Breakfast

by BigBlueOne Updated Apr 4, 2011

It took forever to get in this place! We went for breakfast on a Sunday morning so it was probably worse than normal. But, even with the wait, it was well worth the price. The food was fantastic and cheaper than most anywhere else near the Quarter.

Favorite Dish: I had the eggs Benedict (always good) and my wife had the Pain Perdue (New Orleans style French Toast) which was awesome. Her meal alone could have fed both of us.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Petunias, A Restaurant: Petunias for breakfast

by malianrob Updated Apr 4, 2011

We got up early to have breakfast somewhere. My girlfriend told me about Petunias and we just happened to run right into it. I had a basic eggs and bacon breakfast, Rob had an Orleans breakfast and a bloody Mary. The Orleans breakfast had a sausage like thing that I cant remember what it was called but it started with a "B". Soething like boudain...something like that. It tasted like stuffing stuffed in a sausage but it also came with sausage on the side and potatoes and alot of other food.
    Inside the restaurant looks like you are at someones house. It doesnt look or feel like you are in a restaurant. There were also many locals here during our visit.
    The service was great and so was the food.

• LowBrow's Profile Photo

Petunias, A Restaurant: Shrimp Barataria

by LowBrow Updated Apr 4, 2011

Located just one block north of Bourbon St., this pastel colored eatery has called me in each time I visit New Orleans. The menu offers a sligh twist on standard New Orleans cuisine, and always beautifully done.

Favorite Dish: Shrimp Barataria, a curry infused mess of wonderful.

Instant Answers: New Orleans