Praline Connection, New Orleans

• Rixie's Profile Photo

Praline Connection: Soul Food

by Rixie Updated Nov 28, 2008

The wait staff always aim to please

The Creole soul food at the Praline Connection is guaranteed to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It's not exactly like being loved, but close -- like childhood memories of hugs and Mama's good cooking. Plus, the waiters are the sharpest dressers in town!

Favorite Dish: I had the lima beans and rice (yes, I was one of those weird kids who always loved lima beans), with side dishes of cornbread and collard greens. It was very satisfying.

Other items on the menu are filé gumbo, jambalaya, meat loaf, and stewed chicken. If you can't make up your mind, have the Taste of Soul Platter, with a little of everything: gumbo, red beans & rice, jambalaya, fried chicken, catfish, greens, and bread pudding.

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Praline Connection: Cheap Food In the French Quarter

by Etoile2B Written May 7, 2004

I was visiting a friend who live in New Orleans and she took me to this little gem of a restaurant "off the beaten path" in the French Quarter. It's cheap, authentic Southern down-home cookin'. This little local restaurant has a casual, laid-back atmosphere and some of the best food at affordable prices. Of course, most everything is deep fried, but this is the South and that's normal. I swear I gained 10 pounds in one meal. And although it's in the French Quarter it's not in the middle of the Bourbon Street traffic so it's less touristy and more local. It's definitely not to be missed.

Favorite Dish: You must try the fried pickles. I know, I was a little apprehensive myself. It didn't sound exactly appealing when I first heard the dish but my friend ordered them and made me try them and now I'm hooked. I wish I could find fried pickles up here! Yum!

• Cynigal's Profile Photo

The Praline Connection (French...

by Cynigal Written Aug 25, 2002

The Praline Connection (French Quarter Location)
    Small, but absolutely delicious Soul Food restaurant with a Creole touch. Unpretentious, yet very clean.

Favorite Dish: Fried Chicken with Mustard Greens and Macaroni and Cheese. I could eat their fried chicken all day, it was that delicious.

Partner had the Barbecue Ribs, Jambalaya, and Mustard Greens lunch special. She said it was falling-off the bone tender, and the sauce was so good!

• Virtuous_Tourist's Profile Photo

Praline Connection: Soul Food Revue

by Virtuous_Tourist Written Jun 26, 2003

I like this place, its a bit pretentious and touristy but the atmosphere is sincere and the food's good enough and that's what counts..

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Praline Connection
319 Opinions