Remoulade, New Orleans

by acemj
  • acemj's Profile Photo

Arnaud's/Remoulade: A local legend

by acemj Updated Apr 4, 2011

I actually went to an offshoot of Arnaud's called Arnaud's Remoulade, which is a little less expensive, but has most of the same foods. It claims to offer casual Creole cuisine.

Favorite Dish: I had some raw oysters and a Natchitoches Meat Pie, which comes served on a metal platter and actually has two small pies filled with a subtlely spiced meat. I sat at the bar and talked to the bartender, an older guy named "JT". We were watching Monday Night Football, talking about the Saints (the local football team) and the Hornets (the basketball team that moved from my hometown, Charlotte, North Carolina).

• Remoulade: Remoulade

by dzni Written Aug 26, 2002

Fairly casual restaurant on Bourbon Street that serves a lot of Creole food. Personally, I was not impressed. I had problems stomaching some of the food, like crawdads. Anyway, I think this may be a result of me just not liking Creole food that much.

• Remoulade: Don't waste your money!

by trustalocal Written May 7, 2007

What a rip off! This place is overpriced, the atmosphere sucks, and most of the time all the waitstaff looks like they hate to be there. Last time I ate there I saw two mice running across the dining room floor. Yes I know it's Bourbon Street. A shrimp poboy was about $10-$12.00, and did not come with anything. I would suggest going right across the street to Desire or walk a little and go to Coops Place on Decatur.

• klj&a's Profile Photo

Remoulade: Remoulade

by klj&a Written Apr 17, 2009

It was okay. It's right on Bourbon St, so my gut tells me it's kind of a tourist trap. I had a sample called, Taste of the Bayou that included jambayala, crawfish pie and gumbo. I'm sure there is much better, but we were hungry it was right in front of us, so we tried it.

• Remoulade: Terrible Food

by kcooper11 Written Sep 8, 2009

I had the "Taste of the Bayou" and it was terrible. The gumbo flavor was good, but had nothing in it but some kind of meat, maybe chicken. No vegetables and no seafood at all. Gumbo is not gumbo without okra. The crawfish pie's crust was good, not sure what that was inside. The jambalaya had a few crawfish in it, but the were dry and hard. The rice wasn't even good. My husban had an oyster basket, the oysters were cold and hard. He couldn't even eat them. We complained to the waitress, she offered to get us something else, but we didn't want anymore of their food. We just paid and left.

• gaolei's Profile Photo

Remoulade: Jumbolia, Crawfish Pie, Fillet Gumbo

by gaolei Written Dec 18, 2007

Yes the food mentioned in the song does exist and it is here in Remoulade. The have sampler dinners that allow you to try the thingk you read or heard about. Food is very good and there are fresh oysters available on the half shell.

Favorite Dish: The sampler from the song is a good choice.

• JCiroli's Profile Photo

Remolade on Burbon street is...

by JCiroli Written Aug 26, 2002

Remolade on Burbon street is wonderful. This is the casual eatery associated with Arnauds.
    Price was quite reasonable for N.O. The atmosphere was open and casual. The kitchen was open and could be seen from every seat and the bathroom was spotless.

Favorite Dish: Everything is good here.

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near Remoulade
4.5 out of 5 stars