River's Edge Cafe, New Orleans

by grandmaR
  • spartan's Profile Photo

River's Edge Cafe: A taste of New Orleans

by spartan Written Feb 7, 2004

Situated in the historic Pontalba Building on world-famous Jackson Square, River’s Edge Restaurant is a locally owned, family-run dining establishment. Light and airy with friendly service, you'll relax and enjoy their classic cajun and creole dishes.

Favorite Dish: I selected the Red Beans and Rice with Andouille (with french bread).

• Minnieg's Profile Photo

River's Edge Cafe: Really on the EDGE!

by Minnieg Updated Jun 22, 2005

When you're in New Orleans, whatever you do, dont go to this dinner/restuarant .. Its Located right across street of Jackson Square ( rigth hand side) and across street from moon walk. The place is filthy, and the food is gross!
    I ordered pizza for safe reason ( I dont want to try cajun coz I'm afraid I get stomach ache ) but wound up the pizza I ordered is by far the most disgusting dish I've ever had in my life!
    they called it "River House Specialty", the pizza is just plain crust with dried slice tomato and some spinach topping for the pirce of $13.00 for a small pan.. I didnt even touch it coz I was soooooo scared! the server apologized when he gave us our bill. And Oh, I almost forgot, I went to the ladies room to wash my hand before our order came and boy, the place looks like it has been ages since the last time the disinfectant has touch every corner of it!
    So place whatever you do dont waste your money in this place! you'd be sorry.

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

River's Edge Restaurant: Cajun and Creole

by BLewJay Written Feb 9, 2004

Not your typical American fare, River's Edge serves up the best in cajun and creole cooking at a great price. The atmosphere is vibrant, the food delicious and the service is very customer oriented.

Favorite Dish: Once seated, your hostess starts you off with a loaf of warm french bread with butter...and if you are like us, you'll request another loaf because it's so good. For lunch, LJ selected the River's Edge Sampler (a combination of chicken gumbo, a taste of shrimp creole, red beans & rice, jambalaya and finished off with a dessert lagniappe/bread pudding). I selected the Red Beans & Rice with Andouille entree.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

River's Edge Cafe: Wrought Iron and Hanging Baskets

by grandmaR Written Jul 11, 2005

Shop and Eat

I have not eaten here - I took the picture because it looked so beautiful with the wrought iron and hanging baskets.

Instant Answers: New Orleans

Comments

Hotels Near River's Edge Cafe
4.0 out of 5 stars