Cigars and Tobacco, New Orleans

415 Decatur St and 206 Bourbon Street (504) 568-1003

Know about this? Rate It!

• Interior Photo from website (no camera my visit)
    Interior Photo from website (no camera...
    by olddude
    Cigar Factory
    by pamstravels
    cigar shop on Bourbon St.
    by nicolettart
  • olddude's Profile Photo

Tobacco Exchange: Good Place to People Watch

by olddude Written Dec 1, 2009

The store is located on Magazine Street, one if the most well known shopping streets, in the old Orphanage Building, which is on the National Historic Register. It has a large walk in humidor, a smoking lounge, and a large covered porch for you to sit outdoors and have a beer, enjoy your stogie and people watch.

What to buy: Cigars, Pipes, and Tobacco products

• olddude's Profile Photo

Cigar Factory: Made in America

by olddude Written Dec 1, 2009

Interior Photo from website (no camera my visit)

If you've never seen a cigar rolled, you have to drop by this place...even you don't smoke. You will enjoy the friendliness of the staff and the rustic ambiance of the place. I had heard about the place before I got there and just had to stop in and pick up a few things. Apparently, this also where Emeril and Bill Cosby get their cigars when they are in town. So you never know who may walk in the door while you are waiting for your order. It's open until midnight every night so it's the perfect place to drop by while you are in he French Quarter at night.

What to buy: Cigars....what else?

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

The Cigar Factory: Cigars and Tobacco

by grandmaR Written Jul 19, 2005

Sign on the street

Neither my husband nor I smoke. But my long deceased grandfather did smoke cigars, and I have at least one son-in-law who also smokes cigars.

When we lived in Key West, there were little houses along Duval Street where people still worked hand-rolling cigars. So I was interested to find that something of the same sort occurs in New Orleans. But I know nothing about cigars, so I was not really tempted to go in and buy any.

The Decatur Street store hours are:
    Open Daily
    10am - 10pm Sunday - Thursday
    10am - 11pm Friday and Saturday

What to buy: Their website says:

We roll aged Dominican, Honduran and Nicaraguan Tobaccos to create three lines of distinctive cigars that compliment each of our unique wrappers.

Plantation Reserve - A smooth mild blend in a Connecticut Shade Wrapper.

Vieux Carre - Robust and distinctive blend in a Cameroon African Wrapper.

Tres Hermanos - Hearty full bodied smoke, rich in flavor with a Maduro Wrapper.

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel
    • Seniors

• pamstravels's Profile Photo

Cigar Factory New Orleans: Smelly Cigars

by pamstravels Updated May 17, 2005

Cigar Factory

It is not really smelly in here, but in fact full of a the rich aroma of cigar tobacco. It will entice you from street before you even enter the shop. As you enter you will notice Latino men at a counter rolling cigars. They were happy to pose for a photo.

To your left is a giant walk in humidore where you can walk in and make your choices. Great place to pick up fresh cigars for my hubby.

• Neesie's Profile Photo

Walgreens!: Smokeless Tobacco is hard to find

by Neesie Written Mar 3, 2005

Being in the French Quarter is such a treat for the senses! It is like no other place, and I wouldn't want it to ever change. However, one morning I decided to buy my husband a tin of his favorite chewing tobacco because I noticed he was running low.

I walked to several corner grocery stores and while they sold cigarettes they seemed puzzled as to what "Copenhagen" was. Chewing tobacco, I explained. No, they didn't have any.

Luckily, I spotted a Walgreen's on Decatur Street near Jackson Square. The outside of the old brick building did not look like a Walgreen's, but that's the charm. Inside, it was just like my Walgreen's back home.

• nicolettart's Profile Photo

The Cigar Factory: Cigars

by nicolettart Updated Jun 18, 2003

cigar shop on Bourbon St.

There are several locations to buy cigars. The CIgar Factory on Bourbon St. is a small shop, while on Decatur Street you can also see the cigars being rolled.

What to buy: Cigars