Harrah's Casino, New Orleans

by Ewingjr98
  • dustmon's Profile Photo

Harrah's Casino

by dustmon Written Nov 20, 2012

Last minute decision to eat something at Harrah's and play a few games, we sat at a bar with poker games for awhile---as long as you are playing, the drinks are free! Had a few and then moseyed down to John Besh Steak House where we split an 18oz filet cooked amazingly well, even tho it was $45.....

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Gambling at Harrah's Casino

by Ewingjr98 Updated Sep 27, 2011

Harrah's is the city's largest casino, with 2,000 slot machines plus table games, and is located on Canal Street near the French Quarter. Carnival Club is located on Elysian Fields Avenue and Crescent City Casino on Old Gentilly Road offer just slots. You will also find off-track betting and some casino boats on the river.

We stopped at Harrah's after dinner in the Warehouse District. Most everyone in the group quickly blew $20 then were finished. One guy started with $20 and ended up with $60. Overall we lost about $40 on the deal.

It's your money...but I could find better uses for it in this city!

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Harrah's New Orleans

by malianrob Updated Apr 4, 2011

I dont know how many casinos there are in New Orleans but Harrahs was the only one I saw. I like the Harrahs chain of hotel and Casinos. As a matter of fact in Vegas I like to stay at Harrahs on the strip.
    Harrahs has that New Orleans Mardi Gras theme going and many places to eat.
    We didnt stay here very long because I knew I wouldnt be able to get Rob out of here!

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Harrah's

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Katrina Notice - Harrah's in New Orleans is closed until further notice.

------------------------------------

We first came in contact with Harrah's in 1964 in Reno NV. I tried to play keno, but I soon discovered that the numbers that I picked never came up. So in order to win, I'd pick the numbers, and then Bob would play other numbers that I didn't pick.

But before that, when we were in Colorado in 1948, my mom let me play one of the silver dollar slots. I hit the jackpot. My mom was very unhappy about that because my grandfather (her dad) was a gambler. She didn't want to let me get the gambling bug. So she made me play that slot machine until I lost all the money that I had won.

So I don't really 'do' gambling. I did say gambling, but in Louisiana, it is called gaming because there are laws against gambling.

Louisiana has 3 Indian (Native American) run casinos in various parts of the state, and some riverboat gaming. But the only land based non-Indian casino in the state is this one of Harrahs.

We were standing nearby waiting for the take the Vieux
    Carre loop bus, but we waited 45 minutes in the cold and it never came. Apparently there is only one bus.

I considered going in to Harrah's to eat (they have a restaurant in there in addition to the gaming stuff), but in the end decided against it.

Harrahs from streetcar stop Harrah's from across the street

• Harrah's

by CoAir13 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Gaming is no longer on the river! Harrah's Casino sits at the foot of Canal Street and offers over 2,000 slot machines and 100 tables...20 of them poker. Restaurants, lounges, live jazz, and a 24 hr. buffet are just a few of the extras offered at this Mardi Gras themed casino/hotel.

• doug48's Profile Photo

harrah's casino

by doug48 Written May 25, 2009

for those who like to gamble harrah's is a very nice casino located near the mississippi river between the french quarter and the warehouse district. this mardi gras themed casino has thousands of slot machines and las vegas style table games. harrah's is the nicest casino in new orleans.

harrah's casino
    • Architecture

• darthmilmo's Profile Photo

Harras Casino

by darthmilmo Written Aug 26, 2002

Harras Casino. Even if you don't like to gamble, this is a place not to be missed. They have a kewl free show at night with a New Orleans theme. Now, a good bonus of this place are the clean toilets! They're free!

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

If You're a Gambler...

by Jmill42 Updated Jun 20, 2003

Harrah's is the place for you! A really cool casino, I think, although I am not much of a gambler myself. Worth noting is the AMAZING buffet!!! Worth every penny... or $10 bill... or $100....

Casino