French Quarter, New Orleans

• French Quarter
    by Agraichen
  • French Quarter
    by Agraichen
    Looking toward downtown from the quarter
    by thresherpirate
  • debbjean's Profile Photo

Late night stuff

by debbjean Written Oct 5, 2004

I agree with most posts, you do need to be careful in the Quarter, especially at night. BUT, I have to say that for the most part, people are out for a good time, a little partying, a lot of good food and a few hurricanes. We have never had any problem. One year during Mardi Gras a guy came up and offered a "line"...... but when we refused (nicely) he told us to have a good night and left us alone. If you aren't looking for trouble, it won't find you.

• School Holidays
    • Singles
    • Festivals

• gussymons's Profile Photo

Clown warning

by gussymons Written Jun 30, 2003

Beware their deadly hats

The famous wicked clowns of New Orleans are vicious and will strike without impunity.

Sometimes they recruit Japanese ninja and Siberian tiger assassins to commit their dirty work.

Beware of these nefarious people.

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

The Seedy Underbelly of New Orleans!

by Jmill42 Written May 18, 2003

Big Daddy?

For all of you family travellers out there, hopefully you have heard about New Orleans and what it is about. If not, then please be warned that Bourbon St might not be the place for that wholesome family outing you have been planning. With strip clubs beckoning, and a cast of hundreds of shady characters on every corner, it might be time to take the children to an amusement park. As you can see in the picture, "Big Daddy" is not a Disney character!

• Gay and Lesbian
    • Singles
    • Music

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

If you are in a small group...

by Jmill42 Updated Dec 18, 2002

If you are in a small group and going out on Bourbon St. I would recommend staying on Bourbon or 1-2 streets over. Females, you will get harassed no matter where you are. But, if you stay on Bourbon at least people will be around you. Also, don't *** off any locals wearing really weird outfits or that work in stores like this, you might get a voodoo curse put on you!

• acemj's Profile Photo

Morning cleanup!

by acemj Updated Nov 23, 2002

I had always heard that the French Quarter is dirty, but that is far from true. Granted Bourbon Street can get a bit messy, but every morning it is hosed down, so I didn't think it was too bad. However, I can imagine that it would be pretty bad during Mardis Gras with all the drunks and revelers. My warning is to watch out for the business owners who will be spraying down the sidewalks in the morning. There's nothing like a splash of cold hose water in the morning!

• Be very careful when taking a...

by nosh Written Aug 24, 2002

Be very careful when taking a cab out of the French Quarter, many are known to rip you off-BIG TIME. It happened to me and I lived there, the driver got lost, I had to get out and call a friends' mom to come get me, so know where you're going or better yet always have the hotel you're staying at call a cab-- they know the reputable ones.

Instant Answers: New Orleans

• Apr 11, 2013 at 5:24 AM

I think your experience will totally be based on who you are as a person. I had a great time.