Know about this?
Unhappily, New Orleans is not...
Unhappily, New Orleans is not the safest of cities after dark. Be careful. Although I wouldn't say it's as dangerous as Rio or Lagos, I'd still caution against wearing too much jewellery, fancy watches, or cutting-edge clothes that scream, 'I have money!!' I'd definitely stay away from sleazy bars. And if you're white-skinned, all-black bars are definitely dangerous. I say this because its a fact, and one that must be accepted. Don't think that just because you have some exotic-sounding accent that that will protect you. Far from it. There have been many instances of foreign tourists' having been mugged -- or worse -- in 'The Big Easy'.
Be careful at...
Be careful at night.....Bourbon Street is tons of fun but scary at night so never walk alone. If you are not staying in the French Quarter you have to walk down dark streets to get to the public parking and there are always interesting people lurking in the alleys so watch out.
Walking alone through the...
Walking alone through the French Quarter late at night is a risk. It is a high crime area. They have patrols on motorcycle and horseback through the Quarter, but it is still dangerous.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
New Orleans Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Port Aransas Hotels
- Lake Taal Hotels
- Mughal Sarai Hotels
- Palma de Mallorca
- Avery Island Hotels
- Laoag City
- Cabo San Lucas Warnings and Dangers
- Bangkok Warnings and Dangers
- Bora-Bora Warnings and Dangers
- Milan Warnings and Dangers
- Montego Bay Warnings and Dangers
- South Padre Island Warnings and Dangers
- Angeles City Warnings and Dangers
- Detroit Warnings and Dangers
- The Bahamas Warnings and Dangers
- Abu Dhabi Warnings and Dangers
- Karachi Warnings and Dangers