Know about this?
Keep safe at night !!
Just be very careful in New Orleans at night time...... Its a great fun city at night but it is imperative that you keep along the populated areas and stick to what seems to be the "safe streets".
When moving between Canal street in the city or the riverwalk/aquarium to the french quarter/bourbon street be careful to take the streets that are most populated, getting off the beaten path in New Orleans at night can be risky and not very nice.
But overall just common sense really, nothing major to stress about.
- Historical Travel
Do not venture far from the...
Do not venture far from the crowds off Bourbon St. at night. Be aware of your surroundings. Do not fall for the dancing and 'posing' street people who want donations. When you pull your money out, they make a grab for it.
Walking alone through the...
Walking alone through the French Quarter late at night is a risk. It is a high crime area. They have patrols on motorcycle and horseback through the Quarter, but it is still dangerous.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
New Orleans Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Moshi Hotels
- Zhongshan Hotels
- Sonipat Hotels
- Oklahoma Beach Hotels
- Clifton Park
- Asuncion (Departamento) Warnings and Dangers
- Pick Pockets
- Driving S.F.
- Carcassonne Warnings and Dangers
- French Guiana Warnings and Dangers
- Durham Warnings and Dangers
- Zambia Warnings and Dangers
- Dalyan Warnings and Dangers
- Granada Warnings and Dangers
- Kanchanaburi Warnings and Dangers