Slidell Sports & Outdoors

Best Rated Sports & Outdoors in Slidell

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Biking, Walking, or Jogging the Tammany Trace

by msbrandysue Written Dec 6, 2009

St. Tammany Parish is sort of like Harris County in Houston. It houses many different smaller cities. At least that's what I'm equating it with. In support of the beautiful landscape the parrish built 31 miles of connecting pavement for those to enjoy the tall pine trees and weather the area allows.

The Trace connects Covington, Mandeville, Abita Springs and Slidell. At each of the cities there is a Trailhead with places to use the restroom and facilities. There are also other attractions. I listed more pictures and information in my Things To Do Tips for each city.

The parrish and cities keep these trails upkept and beautiful. I have the 31-mile path on my list of things to do. But I was somewhat injured when I visited.

I also learned in Mandeville you can rent bikes to do the biking. I did not see them at Covington, Slidell or Abita Springs, though.

Equipment: Will need bike, water for the heat, and any safety equipment.

• Cycling
    • Hiking and Walking

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Fishing on Pearl River

by msbrandysue Updated Dec 21, 2009

While taking the swamp tour the guide told us all about the good bass fishing on the Pearl River. They have plenty of different competitions for it. Some die hard fisherman even live on the lake itself. Very interesting.

Equipment: There are not many ramps around. So you'll definitely need to get a map to see where the ramps are. One of them would be where the Swamp Tours are.

Instant Answers: Slidell

Comments

Slidell Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Slidell sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Slidell sightseeing.