Augusta Travel Guide

Street in Maine - Water Street??
    Maine town
    Antique hearse

Augusta Things to Do

• grandmaR's Profile Photo
    Capitol dome - Augusta Maine 1 more image

by grandmaR Written Oct 29, 2010

My father tried to get photos of all the state capitol buildings. Whenever he was in a state, he would try to get to the capitol. These were his photos of Maine's capital taken in 1956.

• Architecture

• Maine State House

by PocketFlyer Written Aug 5, 2006

Interesting Maine history museum. I can't add much right now since I haven't been to it in over 10 years. Someday I will revisit.

• Museum Visits

• sue&gene's Profile Photo
    Maine State Capitol

by sue&gene Updated Jun 14, 2005

As we travel around the U S, we like to visit the different state capitols. We passed through Augusta at a time that did not allow us to actually go inside the building. I could not find much about the actual building except that it is built of granite from Maine. The town of Augusta has been the capital since 1827. Because the town is small, it is easy to get around in and many of the attractions are very close to the capitol. It is a very pretty town located on the Kennebec River.

• Architecture

Augusta Hotels

Augusta Restaurants

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

by easterntrekker Written Oct 19, 2008

This was our dinner on our first night of our road trip to Florida. Its right across from the Super 8 where we are staying . Its bright and very mexican looking . The service is friendly and fast . They start with nachos and great spicy salsa. Almost like the real thing , we get in Mexico. I found too much cheese on all the dinner so I would hold the cheese next time, but otherwise it was very good if not diet wise. I kike the chicken burritos the best of the "famous taster" that I ordered.

• Singles

Augusta Local Customs

• by skeedaddling Written Aug 24, 2002

just outside of Augusta there's a nice little restaurant called Slates where you can get a good cup of coffee, read a book and meet and see some nice people. That's in Hallowell, on your way to Gardiner. The Barnes and Noble superbookstore up by the Civic Center is okay, too.

Instant Answers: Augusta

Comments

Augusta Travel Guide
Map of Augusta