Bangor Favorites

• Favorites
    by sbrookes
  • "Can I get there from here?"
    by Gilfeather
    Let's Pretend...
    by Gilfeather

Best Rated Favorites in Bangor

Local Newsprint

by Gilfeather Updated Feb 25, 2003

BDN

Favorite thing: The "Bangor Daily" Newspaper can be purchased at most local stores and has lots of info on current activities. The weekend edition sometimes has inserts with event calenders as well.
    Random Admission:
    I was a "Sunriser" (newscarrier) as a kid, until I got myself into trouble collecting from my customers 3 weeks out. I was taking the cash and going "over town" to buy candy bars for me and all my buddies. Oops.
    I used to be quite popular.

Apologies to my former customers.

Anyway... *munching on Clark bar*

-"The Weekly" is a seperate publication that come out ...er..weekly, and has "things-to-do" posted in it as well. Look for it.
    Insider Tip: Pick up a copy of "Uncle Henrys'" magazine at most any convenience store to see what's being sold in the area. Never know...you might find that rare and elusive Carol Channing Lunchbox to round out your collection in the Antiques section.
    Deals to be had.Website: http://www.bangornews.com/calendar.

Encore on the Waterfront

by Gilfeather Updated Feb 21, 2003

Let's Pretend...

Favorite thing: The concerts on the Penobscot river-front are a blast and walks down along the water are always enjoyable.

Fondest memory: For his encore, Arlo Guthrie performed "City of New Orleans", and a Bangor and Aroostook Railroad train with many boxes slowly passed the concert area 40 feet from the stage right on cue.

Brilliant.

Synchronicity or planned? I still don't know to this day.

Delorme Map Guide

by Gilfeather Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: I suggest getting a Delorme Gazetter Guide. They run around $19.95 and are the most comprehensive map/guide around.
    Web Address:

Instant Answers: Bangor

Comments

Bangor Favorites

Reviews and photos of Bangor favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bangor sightseeing.