Boothbay Harbor Restaurants

THE FRONT ENTRANCE
    INSIDE

Most Recent Restaurants in Boothbay Harbor

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

McSeagulls: Decent view, great chowder, huge lobster rolls

by Bunsch Written Oct 7, 2009

McSeagulls is cursed with a ridiculous name and an ambiance just slightly more welcoming than a truck stop, but it's on the waterfront in Boothbay Harbor and I have to say that we were totally satisfied with the clam chowder (a huge bowl, enough for a dinner by itself) and equally large portions of lobster (I believe they must use a full chicken lobster for each sandwich, as I identified both claws and a tail in my lightly-mayo'ed, flavorful treat on a very decent hunk of bread) with potato salad rather than the ubiquitous fries, and a garnish of lettuce, tomato, and pickle. I'd definitely go again.

• Whale Watching

• Cookin's Profile Photo

The Lobster Dock: Forget The Rest - This Place IS the BEST!

by Cookin Written Jan 13, 2005

Tall ship coming into Harbor

I must have eaten at every place in the Boothbay Region and I have to admit - The Lobster Dock is the best place not only in town, but in the state of Maine itself (and maybe even the east coast).

I consider myself a pretty fair judge of good food - and The Lobster Dock is GREAT! They have The Best Lobster in the world hands down. You can pick your own up to 4lbs. They also have the most fantastic slow roasted garlic infused prime rib. My wife one night got the Shrimp Scampi which was the best either of us have EVER had. After I’ve had my 1st 3lb lobster the 2nd day I always get The Seafood Fradiavlo.

The menu is diverse with all fresh stuff. One of the staff said, "The only thing we have that's frozen are the ice cubes." Their selection of wines and champagne like Moet & Cliquot is a nice surprise. Some of the formal sit down fancy waiter service restaurants don't even offer the variety they have. One last thing, EVERY ONE of the staff has a smile on. They look like they really love working there, it makes a big difference when I’m in a happy dining experience and not a forced or stressed out one.

Favorite Dish: I have more than one favorite, there is so much to choose from and its all really good. 1. The Seafood Fradiavlo - whole cracked lobster, shrimp, scallops mussels and garlic bread over linguini
    2. Steak & Lobster - NY Strip or Prime Rib with a whole cracked lobster grilled
    3. Shrimp scampi - it’s over linguini w/capers
    4. Anything they fry - scallops, whole clams
    5. Mussels in garlic & wine
    6. Any special on the board like Grouper

All of their food actually tastes good and looks good. The food has flavor and has to be just the freshest. We can't believe some of the stuff restaurants try and pass off as fresh or

• Beaches
    • Disabilities
    • Travel with Pets

• Cookin's Profile Photo

The Lobster Dock: Forget The Rest - This Place IS the BEST!

by Cookin Written Jan 13, 2005

2. Steak & Lobster - NY Strip or Prime Rib with a whole cracked lobster grilled
    3. Shrimp scampi - it’s over linguini w/capers
    4. Anything they fry - scallops, whole clams
    5. Mussels in garlic & wine
    6. Any special on the board like Grouper

• Robinson's Wharf: Robinson's Wharf

by catherine_j Written Oct 5, 2002

Located right on the water, Robinson's was once rated one of the ten best lobster restaurants in Maine by Downeast magazine. Sit out on the dock and watch the boats while you eat. One or more of the big, red Winslow tugboats is usually tied up at the wharf, and you can watch the lobster boats come and go.

Instant Answers: Boothbay Harbor

Comments

Boothbay Harbor Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Boothbay Harbor restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Boothbay Harbor sightseeing.

View all Boothbay Harbor hotels