Ellsworth Restaurants

JASPER'S: WHERE THE LOCALS DINE

by LoriPori Written Sep 25, 2012

Jasper's Restaurant

Thursday, September 6, 2012
    Hans was whining about having lobster, so when we saw that JASPER'S had a 1 lb. fresh Maine lobster special for $12.99, he went for it. It's not a fancy place, but it is where the locals eat and it was quite busy. I had the pulled pork sandwich special for $6.99 and it was delicious. Hans enjoyed his lobster, but wished he had two lobsters.
    Jasper advertises that they cook lobster 10 ways and they also offer other seafoods like clams, scallops, haddock and shrimp.

Pic #4 shows what I did to the poor lobster after Hans was finished with him. I put him back together! hehe!

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Jasper's: Gasping at Jaspers

by davecallahan Updated Apr 4, 2011

Specializing in SeaFood and we were dumb enough to order Chicken.

It was cooked well but left in the grease way to long (or at the wrong temperature). I like crispy chicken tends. These were limp. The rest of the family ordered Italian (spaghetti) and they thought it was okay (not great but okay).

The other customers seemed to be really enjoying their seafood dinners (especially those with clams and haddock). So if we go back there sometime, I will remember to order the specialty of the house.

The prices were a bit steep for a family on a tenting budget. Seemed high compared to other places we ate in Maine.

Favorite Dish: If you go, order the seafood.

Instant Answers: Ellsworth

Comments

Ellsworth Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ellsworth restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ellsworth sightseeing.