Ellsworth Shopping

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

ROOSTER BROTHER: COFFEE & MORE

by LoriPori Written Sep 25, 2012

Rooster Brother

Located on the banks of the Union River in Ellsworth, ROOSTER BROTHER is a "store for cooks. Housed in a magnificent Victorian mansion, it consists of one floor of specialty cookware and lines and another floor has specialty food, wine, cheese and their coffee roasting operation.
    Open Monday to Saturday
    9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

L.L. Bean: Outlet store

by davecallahan Updated Feb 18, 2007

store logo

My wife loves these outlet stores, especially ones which have catalogues which she has already memorized.

The L.L. Bean stores are department outlet stores with things for all sexes and ages; things for the patio and the living room; shoes and hats; regular sizes and plus sizes. So that's good..... right?
    WRONG! that is way too many choices for my wife. She could camp out in their (they sell tents too) before she could make up her mind what she was going to buy. So that means we walk around aisle after aisle for hour after hour and leave the store empty handed (no decision made). Later, in the car, she'll mumble that she should have picked up that new purse, it was such a good deal (or something along those lines).

(I as a man, do not get it at all. I figure out what I want from catalogues or conversations or websites, then I figure what I am willing to pay, then I go to the store that has what I want for the price I want to pay and..... wahlah.... shopping is done!)

What to buy: they got it all and I did not think that the prices are unreasonable (but what do I know.... I am only a guy)

Instant Answers: Ellsworth

Comments

Ellsworth Shopping

Reviews and photos of Ellsworth shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ellsworth sightseeing.