Kittery Restaurants

Seasoned rice and spinach
    Lobster BLT

Best Rated Restaurants in Kittery

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo

Robert's Maine Grill: Lobster & Sangria...Wat else do you need?

by LadyRVG Updated Jun 18, 2013

Tasty Lobster

Robert's is what I call a local place smack in the middle of a tourist spot. Robert's is located on Route 1 on the same stretch of the Kittery Outlets....which means it gets crowded. Chris and I have passed this restaurant several times during our trips and finally decided to try it out in April 2010 much to our delight and have returned many times since then.

Robert's is a casual reataurant with simple New England decor and open, airy dining rooms. As you walk in there is a small souvenir stand of New England items and restuarant themed souvenirs. There is a bar with seating along with dining both on the main level and upstairs. The walls are decorated with sea themed items such as a giant bronze fish on the wall and photos (the owner's wife is the photographer) of New England scenes. I love that the restaurant is bright and sunny with large windows; they open the windows when the weather is nice which gives a heavenly breeze.

From the minute you enter Robert's you are greated by friendly staff. We have always had wonderful servers that are great with suggestions and very attentive to our needs without hovering. We have a favorite table here (table ten) and if it's available we are always seated there at our request (which I think is rather nice).

There are daily specials that include appetizers, salad, entrees, dessert and drinks for that day. The regular menu has a nice assortment of appetizers such as clams on the half shell, stuffed clams, clam chowder, etc. They have a nice selection of fish and seafood items that are baked, fried, boiled or steamed. The portions here are a nice size and the side dishes are very yum! I'm a huge Lobster fan and have always had their Lobster as my entree; why not I'm in Maine after all.... Their Sangria here is excellent and I have had both their red and white Sangria(the red is always available and the white is a special of the day drink). There is nothing better than a tasty cocktail and a Lobster dinner with my favorite person my Christopher.

Robert's is a must when visiting Kittery if you like Seafood. Try to arrive early for lunch (they open at 11:30am) to ensure you don't have to wait for a table. The place really packs up by 12pm.

Favorite Dish: When you are seated the server brings over a tray of assorted crackers with this hevenly crab dip. I do not use the word heavenly lightly; it is light, fluffy and delicious with chunks of crab whipped into the mix. Needles to say it never lasts long on the table; we gobble it down with blissful expressions.

I am a big lover of Sangria and they have some awesome Sangria here. The white one is usually on the special of the day menu. The red sangria is a constant on the drink menu. I actually liked both considering I am not a big red wine drinker. The sangria is made with tasty fresh fruit and served beautifully with fruit rimming the glass. Nothing better than a tasty coctail with a meal. Chris usually gets an unsweetened iced tea so he can drive and I can indulge in a cocktail. I'm prety much done after one drink anyway...sort of a lightweight when it comes to alcohol.

I am a big lover of Lobster so I always get the 1 1/2 pound steamed Maine Lobster. Wow, it really is good and sweet. They served it with a nice ramakin of butter and two side dishes. I always get their seasoned rice since it is that good and I'm not a big fan of rice usually. Their spinach when on the menu is very good and served in garlic and olive oil...delish. The coleslaw is also very good; so good that Chris like to finish half of it for me before I even get to it.

My Husband's hands down favorite here is their Lobster BLT; shocking to me since he is not a big fan of Lobster. It's a seafood spin on the traditional BLT with large chunks of Lobster meat. He is in bliss when eating this sandwich. He has also tried their fried clam salad which he said was good but he is not a fan of full belly clams. Oh well, he'll have to stick to the Lobster BLT.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Robert's Maine Grill: Wow...the Food is Incredibly Good

by cjg1 Updated May 7, 2012

Big Maine Lobster

Robert's Maine Grill is located right on Route 1 in Kittery amidst the busy outlets. The building stands out with it's lighthouse in front and usually bustling parking lot. We had passed by this restaurant many times and didn't go in thinking it might be just a tourist trap. After doing some investigating we discovered that this places is a favorite visitors and locals alike. We now make it a point to stop at Robert's for lunch whenever we are in the area.

We like to arrive when they first open which is 11:30am. Arriving after 12pm can mean a wait and a bit of a crowd. The restaurant has a gift shop area when you first enter then the bar on the left. The dining room is a large open space with booth tables lining the perimeter by the windows. The decor is New England seascapes with memorabilia and sea themed accents on the walls.

Our first visit, the host sat us at a nice table(table ten) in the corner by an open window. I was in heaven since the view and the breeze was delightful. We were handed menus along with a list of daily specials. The menu was full of seafood themed appetizers and entrees as well as some land items such as burgers. I never understand how a person can come to a seafood joint and not order seafood...you want a burger go to a burger joint. They also have an extensive listing of Raw seafood items.

Our waitress Diana came over to take our drink order and see if we had an questions about the menu. I decided on an unsweetened ice tea and Liz had the White Wine Sangria for beverages. I decided I wanted the Lobster BLT and Liz chose a 1 pound steamed Maine Lobster. Our drinks arrived and Liz was in heaven over her Sangria that I just had to try it myself. If I wasn't driving I would have definitely had to have my own Sangria. Diana came over with a serving platter filled with assorted crackers and a creamy seafood dip for the table. The dip was delicious and had nice chunks of crab throughout.

Our waitress stopped by a few minutes after to check on us and to say the lobster was taking a little longer to cook than expected. We told her no worries since we were enjoying the lovely view and talking. Our meal arrived ten minutes later and we were told that they upgraded Liz's lobster to 1 1/2 pounds for being so patient. Wow...she was happy especially when she saw how big it was and the delicious sides of rice and garlic spinach.

My Lobster BLT was insanely good with large chunks of lobster meat in between layers of bacon, tomato and lettuce on a soft toasted bread with mayonnaise. I was very impressed with the tasty lobster and freshness of ingredients. Liz was over the moon happy with her Lobster. It was very sweet and tender and I had to have a few bites at her insistence. After such an incredible meal we could only look at the dessert menu instead of indulge in a selection. They do have some yummy looking selections such as blueberry crumble. Their portions come in full portion and in mini tasting portions.

I was so glad we discovered Robert's. From our first visit here; we loved the place and will continue to dine here every time we are in the area. Our last visit here was during Cinco de Mayo weekend 2012. We brought a friend here for the first time and she loved it and much as we do.

Favorite Dish: The Lobster Roll and the seafood dip. My Lobster BLT was even better than I thought it could be. The Lobster meat was sweeet and tender. The bacon was crispy and added the right amount of salt to accompany the sweet meat. It really was an awesome sandwich. The seafood dip was very good and creamy. I loved the seafood flavor and bits of crab meat. The array of crackers served with the dip was perfect from Townhouse crackers, Ritz, whole wheat and dark grain.

The spicy fried clam salad is also good if you want a lighter meal. The clams are full belly clams not strips. I'm not usually a full belly clam fan but found them to be rather tasty. The salad itself was very good with a tangy viegar dressing with pepper.

My wife loves their whole lobsters, steamed mussels and their onion rings. I must say the onion rings here are the best I have had anywhere.

If you are a fan of Sangria they make it very well here in both white and red. My wife always gets a glass with her meal.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• Roosevelt61's Profile Photo

Bob's Clam Hut: The Best Seafood in America

by Roosevelt61 Written Feb 18, 2006

This restaurant is the best seafood I have eaten in my life. It is common for me to come up from Boston just to eat their clams. If you are ever in the area, stop in here and you won't be disappointed. It is in a great loctation right down the street from all the great outlet stores.

Favorite Dish: CLAMS, CALAMARI, SCALLOPS

Instant Answers: Kittery

Comments

Kittery Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kittery restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kittery sightseeing.