Northeast Harbor Travel Guide

Northeast Harbor Restaurants

• Cabana_Boy's Profile Photo
    The Docksider in Northeast Harbor, ME

by Cabana_Boy Updated Dec 5, 2002

If you find yourself anywhere near Northeast Harbor on Mount Desert Island around lunch time, head over to the Docksider. I have been to Mount Desert Island several times, and each time I am there I eat here at least once. It just a nice unpretentious little place in an otherwise well-to-do town.

Favorite Dish: I always get one of their fish sandwiches, a cup of chowder and wash it all down with a few bottles of Gearys Pale Ale. In fact, this is the place that introduced me to Gearys, which has become one of my favorite New England beers... Anyway, back to the food...finish off your little lunch with some a Maine tradition: Blueberry pie (ala mode, naturally). By the way, the blueberry pie also goes well with another bottle of Gearys.

Northeast Harbor Shopping

• aquatic's Profile Photo

by aquatic Written Aug 30, 2010

Kimball Store is full of beautiful dinner sets, tea sets, napkins and table covers. I felt very attracted to the store even though the prices are not for a regular suveniur shopper; I returned to the store twice.

Other stores offer interesting clothes especially for vacationers. A couple of jewelry stores offer a selection of original works that are very diffirent from everything else I saw in Bar Harbor.

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

Instant Answers: Northeast Harbor

Comments

Northeast Harbor Travel Guide
Map of Northeast Harbor