Ogunquit Restaurants

by Rich62

Most Recent Restaurants in Ogunquit

• Bintliff's: Don't miss breakfast at Bintliff's

by 03431 Written Sep 30, 2012

The best breakfasts ever! Try the raspberry almond pancakes, the creme brûlée French toast, or the champagne eggs Benedict. All fabulous!! A bit more pricey... About $11.95, but absolutely worth it! We go to Ogunquit about 2-3 times a year and go every time. Not really a kid place, but if it's just adults you can't miss at this restaurant. Have a Bloody Mary or a mimosa with it. What a way to start your day! Brunch is 8am to 2:30.

Favorite Dish: The raspberry almond pancakes are my favorite. I get them every time. What's nice, though, is that you can mix and match- get one pancake with eggs or a pancake/French toast combo, etc.

• nealnearnorth's Profile Photo

Beachfire Bar & Grille: Beachfire - Better Than Ever

by nealnearnorth Updated May 26, 2011

Shame on me that it took reading someone else's harsh review of this place from 2009 to put the record straight, and acknowledge a gem of a place.

For several years now, Beachfire Bar & Grille has transitioned from a place to pop in while in Ogunquit for those amazing $4.99 Happy Hour martinis and cosmos to a favorite restaurant with great prices, super-friendly service, the owner seemingly always on hand and available, and some oddly-authentic, in-house smoked BBQ.

Sure, some in our clan swear by the lobster roll ($17.99), the pastas, the seafood, or their insane lobster nachos, but for me, I'm not leaving without my jalapeno corn bread. BBQ lovers will crave (but not finish!) the "Pig-out platter". With over 90% of the menu under $20, previously posted price complaints just don't make sense.

The last time we visited, people were buzzing around the hostess, whose poster was on the wall, from a major network reality show she appears on. Great to see a local girl makin' it big on TV (in swimwear no less), and still coming back for her shifts at Beachfire in the summer.

The barstaff feels like and has become family for the many locals who run the nearby hotels and resorts, and sneak in on those Mondays and Tuesdays, when the tourists aren't under foot.

I also enjoyed both live comedy in their upstairs "loft" venue, and some great fun with the live musicians that return faithfully to Beachfire, and it seems, nowhere else in the greater York/Ogunquit/Wells region.

When the nights cool down, we gather around their huge firepit out front, and let the world melt away, along with the ice cubes in our frosty martinis.

Favorite Dish: Of late, their new chef added a few new dishes that I especially enjoy. Their take on cod had this yummy glaze with lots of herbs... garlic, fennel, rosemary, cracked pepper, lemon & red bell peppers kick it up, making it "not your Grandma's mushy cod". That one is a winner for sure. But, my better half demands mention of the pulled pork, faithfully ordered with sweet potato fries.

• RhondaRuth's Profile Photo

Five-O Shore Road Restaurant: Fine Dinning

by RhondaRuth Updated Apr 4, 2011

Five-O Shore Road

One of Ogunquit's most popular restaurants! Five-O features fine dining, as well as a popular bar, and a late night menu. The bar is very popular with locals at night.

Reservations recommended.

Favorite Dish: We've only been once so far, so I won't have a favorite until I go back again and again.
    What I had was great and I'll go back sometime!

• RhondaRuth's Profile Photo

The ImPASTAble Dream Restaurant: Italian at it's best!

by RhondaRuth Updated Apr 4, 2011

The ImPASTAble Dreem

Nestled in downtown Ogunquit among the rustic shops and businesses you'll find a dream come true at The ImPASTAble Dream...

Great Italian food with a menu that gives you excellent discriptions of what you're going to get.

Favorite Dish: Check out their menu. It's pretty hard to have a favorite when you've only eaten there once so far, but I can tell you that what we had was delicious and I can't wait to go back again!

• Rich62's Profile Photo

THE OGUNQUIT LOBSTER POUND: YOU DON'T HAVE TO EAT LOBSTER HERE...

by Rich62 Written Sep 11, 2009
    HERE IT IS

A large and interesting restaurant right across the street (Highway One) from The Egg and I restaurant.

There is a wide price range and large selection on the menu so everyone can surely find something they will like, both price-wise and selection-wise.

Favorite Dish: Here are samples from their 2009 menu in various categories:
    Appetizers: Sea Scallops wrapped in bacon with dill mustard and maple syrup.....$8.95
    Salads: Caesar Salad with homemade caesar dressing (anchovies optional).....$6.95
    Soups: Lobster Bisque; cup $5.95 or bowl $8.95
    Lobster and Seafood: Grilled Swordfish with lemon dill butter or cajun style.....$21.95
    Beverages: Coffee and tea.....$1.95

• Rich62's Profile Photo

THE EGG AND I: A BUSY BREAKFAST SPOT ALONG HIGHWAY ONE

by Rich62 Written Sep 11, 2009
    THE EGG AND I

FIRST OF ALL, be aware that they are open for breakfast and lunch, but not dinner.

They are efficient and the food is good. Often there is a line of people waiting outside; they give you a pager while you wait.

There are several Egg and I restaurants in Colorado plus a new one opening in Kearney, Nebraska, but the Ogunquit restaurant is not related to them.

Favorite Dish: I had Egg Beaters scrambled with toast and jelly, plus orange juice. It was just fine. The other three in our party had no complaints either.

If you split an order with your spouse, they charge a "plate fee". Just be aware of that.

• Business Travel

• Angelina's Ristorante: I Love This Place

by peach93 Updated Aug 25, 2009

Perhaps the nicest thing about Angelina's is how surprised I was by how great it is. It's one of the nicest places I've ever eaten, and I've been to a lot of top-notch joints. The food was amazing. The wine list was impressive, and the service was truly first-class. There isn't a single thing I can think of to complain about. We ate at a table outside and it was just lovely. I highly recommend it if you like Italian food--real Italian food--and don't mind paying a little more than average. It's worth it.

Favorite Dish: I had the linguine with white clam sauce and it was the best I've ever had (I've had many). The wine was great and the service even better. I'd go out of my way to eat here again.

• Gay and Lesbian

• BeachFire Bar & Grill: Overrated--Stay Away!

by peach93 Written Aug 25, 2009

Ugh. BeachFire looks nice, very nice, from the outside and the atmosphere inside is nice, but that's about the end of its good points. The food here is just so-so and WAY overpriced. The wine list is ridiculous, the service sketchy, the waiters borderline rude, and in a nutshell, eating here is just not worth the money or hassle. Do yourself a favor and stay far away.

• Gay and Lesbian

• Barnacle Billy's: Nice!

by peach93 Written Jun 26, 2009

Located in Perkins Cove, Barnacle Billy's is actually two restaurants in one. They have a formal dining restaurant with table service, and then right next door a more informal place where you order your food and pay at a counter, then sit wherever you like. Both restaurants sell beer, wine and cocktails and both are really nice depending on what you're in the mood for. Both restaurants also overlook the Cove. The seafood here is great, especially the clam chowder. Another great thing: they have free valet parking. Parking in Perkins Cove is horrible because the streets are tiny and weren't really meant for cars. There is a pay parking lot at the entrance to the Cove, but if you eat at Billy's you can park for free and then walk around the Cove a bit when you're done. The town trolley also stops in Perkins Cove if you don't want to drive.

Favorite Dish: Lobster, but that's always my answer.

• momstribeof7's Profile Photo

Barnacle Billy's: Ocean View

by momstribeof7 Written Jul 27, 2008

It is located right off Perkin's Cove. It's the only restaurant we saw actually on the water. Casual atmosphere, great place to grab a bite, lobster roll, sandwich, or a hot dog for the kids. Sit back on the patio and watch the waves roll in. Very inexpensive. Also, for those interested, this happens to be one of the places that Bush Sr. frequents. He pulls right up in a speed boat with the grand kids. Pretty cool!

Favorite Dish: Lobster roll, it was delish.

• Seniors

• momstribeof7's Profile Photo

Mike's Clam Shack: Taste the local flavor.

by momstribeof7 Written Jul 27, 2008

This is a great place to take the family. We went in with 3 adults and 5 kids. The staff is friendly. There is a little gift shop off the lobby. Food was good, not excellent. We would go again.

Favorite Dish: Maine fried shrimp, I think other places call this rock shrimp. It had a stronger, sweeter flavor than I remembered it having anywhere else.

• Arrow's Restaurant: Top Rated Restaurant in Ogunquit!

by splenditello Written Jun 5, 2008

This is bar far the nicest restaurant I have ever been to. Located in a very romantic setting; Ogunquit Maine, Arrow's Restaurant is a nationally acclaimed fine dining established and ranked one of America's best. Much of the menu is grown on-site in the beautiful gardens of Ogunquit Maine. For more information on Ogunquit, Maine be sure to check out

www.ogunquitvacation.com

Happy Traveling!

Favorite Dish: The Menu is constantly being updated and changed but when I was there last (August 2007) they had a wonderful roasted chicken dish that was probably the best thing I have ever eaten!

• Five-O shore Road: trainwreck

by johtomtom Written Nov 17, 2007

From soup to nuts just a bad evening-from the greeting as we walked in the door to the server who appeared to have been abused by the owner before opening to the sub standard food.......I will contain myself and leave it there.

• Theme Park Trips
    • Zoo

• Hopkid's Profile Photo

Bread & Roses Bakery: Delicious Baked Goods

by Hopkid Written Oct 6, 2007

Bread & Roses has a wide selection of baked goods, cakes, and treats such as turnovers, scones, oatmeal bars, and date squares. And you know what? They're good! Looking for something different I tried the rustic apple tart which was a heavy but tasty nest of yummy dough within which was well-seasoned tart apple slices. Bread & Roses also serves a large selection of Carpe Diem coffees which are roasted locally.

Bread & Roses is a great place for breakfast or a snack anytime!

Favorite Dish: Rustic apple tart

• Hopkid's Profile Photo

Barnacle Billy's: Seafood plain and simple

by Hopkid Written Oct 6, 2007

In the Perkins Cove section of Ogunquit, Billy's serves no-nonsense steamers, fish, and lobster and does it right. The whole lobster is simply steamed and served with melted butter. The best part is the claw meat which is much sweeter and tender than the tail. And don't forget to ask for some bread on which to spead the tomale or the green creamy guts of the lobster. It really is tasty. If the weather is nice definitely eat outside on the covered deck.

Please note that Billy's is closed during the fall and winter seasons.

Favorite Dish: Whole Maine lobster

Instant Answers: Ogunquit

Comments

Ogunquit Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ogunquit restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ogunquit sightseeing.