Rockland Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Rockland

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Miller's Lobster Company: Lobster with an awesome view

by painterdave Updated Feb 13, 2011

Miller's is a drive south out of Rockland, a drive than is beautiful and you reward yourself with eating lobster on a small dock with a great view of the bay. I would choose this place over any restaurant in Rockland, not only for the fresh lobster that they catch themselves but for the experience of eating it outdoors. Don't pass this up if you can.
    Note: you pass Owl's Head State Park which has a very nice lighthouse that you can visit on the way. See my tip on this.
    While eating my lobster I got to watch 2 lobster boats dock 5 feet away from where I was sitting and they began to off load their catch. See photos.
    If I ever get the chance to go back to Maine, this is on the top of my list!!!

Favorite Dish: LOBSTER....but they have other seafood, non of it precooked. Also home made pies that did not come from a factory in New Jersey.
    You cannot bring your own bottle at this wharf any longer, so plan accordingly.

A treasure of lobsters Lobster Boat at Millers If It Rains, No Problem Lobster Eating View

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Lincolnville Lobster Company: More Lobster Heaven

by painterdave Written Feb 13, 2011

Lincolnville is located between Rockland and Belfast on a nice drive inland of the bays. When you come to Lincolnville this lobster pound restaurant is located right on the beach. There are three other seafood places, and during my trip I tried two. I am covering the other one in another tip.
    Of all the places, it seemed more like a Denny's kind of experience (notice below their quote--featuring turkey and steak) in comparison to others where I sat on a wharf or a dock. You are inside and they even have a room of souvenirs to buy. The food was fixed without problems and I enjoyed eating there. If it is raining or cold, this would be my choice.

Favorite Dish: Lobster, of course.
    from their website: The Lobster Pound Restaurant serves a full range of meals from Seafood to Turkey and Steak. We offer the freshest Seafood available, with both broiled or fried featured specials. We have meals for the smaller appetite and a children's menu. There are 260 seats inside and 40 on the Patio.

Instant Answers: Rockland

Comments

Rockland Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Rockland restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rockland sightseeing.