Trenton Travel Guide

Trenton Things to Do

by Rhondaj Written Sep 3, 2009

The beach is made of rocks of all sizes, pebbles up to boulders! A lot of the rocks have barnacles on them which would tear your feet up, so shoes are a must! There are some shells, but the rocks are the highlight.

whelk egg case
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Beaches

by Rhondaj Updated Jul 27, 2009

An excellent home base for those who want to visit the national park and visit downtown Bar Harbor, but want a quiet haven at the end of the day or in the early morning. The price to stay here off the island was much lower, but after our visit we all agreed we preferred our place over staying on the island.

Cottage-low tide.  green grass is high tide mark.
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Beaches

• Trenton Hotels

5 Hotels in Trenton

Trenton Hotels

Trenton Restaurants

• bekssa's Profile Photo

by bekssa Written Nov 28, 2009

This place was quite an experience for anyone not familiar with this type of restaurant. In the midwest, where we come from, most lobster places are fairly upscale--except for maybe Red Lobster. We have nothing like this. So if you are a tourist--this is a must see and do--even if you don't like lobster. Get something else. Just go. From the chalkboard menus on the walls, to selecting a massive lobster from a freezer and then watching them bundle it up in a net and then take it outside to boil it in the huge pots (and yes, you can go out and watch)--it was quite an experience. I saw people taking pictures at the tables as they waved their dinner's giant claws at the camera. I am, unfortunately, not a lobster eater so I got mussels, my husband got a huge lobster. Excellent food and so much fun. There is a sink in the back of the restaurant to wash your hands before and/or after you eat.

Tables may be hard to come by so send someone to go save a spot and take turns going outside to see the lobster pots. We shared a table with some nice people that we didn't know. Just a small but friendly place. I think I read that they are closed on Sundays.

Favorite Dish: To be honest--it had to be the blueberry pie. I am one of those people that always has to try something at least once and I also always order things that a particular part of the country is famous for. I just don't want to miss anything wonderful--you never know. Well, that philosophy really paid off this time!! I ordered blueberry pie ONLY because I had read it was big in Maine restaurants. In the past, I've never had anything made with blueberries that I really cared for. OMG--I discovered that I didn't have a clue what blueberry desserts were supposed to taste like. I fell so much in love with blueberries because of that pie that I continued trying to find blueberries every place we ate in Maine.

by Rhondaj Written Sep 3, 2009

There are several lobster pounds in Trenton. All are small, quaint establishments. Nothing fancy here. What you get are fresh lobsters at great prices. In July of 2009 rates were about $4.99 a pound.
    There is both indoor (not much) and outdoor seating.
    A very downeast Maine experience!
    There are a few side dishes - corn on the cob, coleslaw, bread.
    Very important!*******--------no beer! It's bring your own! Luckily we were staying right down the road and were able to race home and grab some brews...whew! close call!

Favorite Dish: um,,,,,lobster?

cooking the lobsters right on rt. 3 ready to eat digging in view from the outdoor seating area

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Trenton? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Trenton Shopping

by Rhondaj Written Sep 3, 2009

A five minute ride from the cottage, the marketplace has an IGA grocery store, a gas station, and here you can park your car and ride the Island Explorer, a free shuttle bus.

The shuttle bus has stops in Bar Harbor and Acadia Nat'l Park. Bikes can be transported too.

Trenton Marketplace

Instant Answers: Trenton

Comments

Trenton Travel Guide
Map of Trenton