West Paris Travel Guide

Lucy in her "mink" bed!
    Above Snow Falls

West Paris Things to Do

by paulapes Updated Sep 13, 2006

Snow Falls is at a rest area on Route 26, about 6 miles north of Paris, on your way to West Paris and further north. This is a 300 foot gorge on the Little Androscoggin River. The falls flow down a narrow cleft between the rocks, and picnic tables are available on both sides of the falls too.

It's a nice spot to stop and wander around on the paths on the other side of the gorge (there's a footbridge of course). And if you're travelling with children and had your fill of "are we there yet?", you can let them loose to run around a bit and work off some energy!

Above Snow Falls Top of Falls Downstream Paths and scenery
    • Hiking and Walking

West Paris Nightlife

by paulapes Updated Oct 8, 2006

Hot Tub on my deck! Haha....and you were thinking a little along different lines, weren't you!! But seriously, there isn't any nightlife in West Paris, except for the crickets and whatever else is out in the woods. So my husband and I have our hot tub to relax in......and if any VTer's are in the neighborhood, you are definitely welcome...just let me know before you drop in, I'll even make you a drink :-)

Dress Code: Bathing suits.......... Please!!!

Marguerita anyone?

West Paris Transportation

by paulapes Updated Sep 10, 2006

Pretty much the only way to get to West Paris is by private car. West Paris can be reached by driving about 40 miles on Route 26 north from Route 95 north in Maine. It's a scenic route and a nice drive. North of West Paris is Bethel, where you can find really nice inns, B&Bs, and restaurants, and the Sunday River Ski Resort, which is a very popular ski resort.

• Skiing and Boarding

West Paris Shopping

by paulapes Updated Dec 7, 2007

Hahaha....this is our home here in Maine. We've decided to sell it and move back to Rhode Island, mainly because I miss everybody and my husband is not well, so I need some moral support from family and friends.

Wish we could afford to keep it as our vacation home, but we can't, so we are forced to sell. When it does sell, eventually, I'll be setting up my homepage back in Rhode Island again! :-)

West Paris Off The Beaten Path

by paulapes Updated Nov 13, 2011

The West Paris Library is pretty unique. Donated to the village by Arthur Mann in 1927, it looks like a little castle, and it's located in the center of the village at 226 Main Street (Route 219 West).

Library in West Paris, ME Present day West Paris Library
    • Architecture

West Paris Favorites

by paulapes Written Aug 7, 2007

Favorite thing: What the heck, I'm on a roll....here's another pic of plants growing in our yard without any help from me---that's the kind of plant I like, all I have to do is look at it!

Daisies and ?

by paulapes Written Aug 7, 2007

Favorite thing: And speaking of native plants, I guess hops is another one of those, because we found them growing wild in our yard! Now if I could only get through to Budweiser!!!!

Hops and wildflowers (hops are in front)

by paulapes Written Sep 10, 2006

Favorite thing: One thing Maine is known for is the wild blueberries, but also there are wild blackberries and other native berries all around this area. The picture is of blackberries I picked in our yard, a big surprise, as I didn't know that they were there until my husband happened to see them. Now that's what I call a bonus!

Blackberries

Instant Answers: West Paris

Comments

West Paris Travel Guide
Map of West Paris