York Beach Restaurants

• Sitting outdoors, a seagull decided to stop by
    Sitting outdoors, a seagull decided to...
  • View of Nubble Lighthouse from restaurant
    View of Nubble Lighthouse from...
    by BeachBumz
  • Another gorgeous view from the restaurant
    Another gorgeous view from the...

Best Rated Restaurants in York Beach

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

Goldenrod: Salt Water Taffy/Restauratnt/Icecream

by KarenandCory Written Jul 5, 2005

salt water taffy

The Goldenrod is a restaurant , an ice cream shop and a candy store. Most famous for the taffy machine in the window. A large group of people is always standing outside the window watching old fashioned machine churn out salt water taffy. The taffy is quite good, you can buy a box of it or even have them mail a box to your friends. There's an assortment of penny candy that actually used to cost pennies when I was a kid. Next to the candy area there is an ice cream/ soda bar. Then there is the restaurant area which serves breakfast and lunch items. Food is ok, but ambiance is what you are really there for.
    The Goldenrod is located near Shorts Sands Beach on strest with lots of gift shops.

Favorite Dish: Taffy is best thing they have here.

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

WILD WILLY'S BURGERS: Wicked Good Burgers

by KarenandCory Written Jul 31, 2005

Wild Willy's Decor

Wild Willy's makes great Burgers. It's not a fast food place, you will wait at least 20 minutes for a burger. During the summer, this place is packed so expect a wait. Seating is available both inside and outside.

Wild west cowboy decor.

Favorite Dish: The Rocky Burger with peppers and onions. YUM

• Fox's Lobster House: Only Good for a View

by rileysugar Written Sep 23, 2007

You go there for the view - unfortunately, we were seated in the back corner, with no view except through people's heads. Staff was nice, but the food was lacking. The lobster bisque was the consistency of pudding. Wouldn't go back - just because it's a landmark doesn't mean it's good.

Favorite Dish: Nothing.

Sun N' Surf Restaurant: York Beach's Excellent Food

Sun N' Surf Restaurant Sign

Located right across from The Anchorage Inn I stayed at.

Restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating. The outdoor seating which I chose everytime I ate there, was awesome. Right next to the beach, but does get chilly, so bring a light coat.

Favorite Dish: They serve many different dishes. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Seafood, Burgers, Steak, Sandwiches, etc.

Every meal I ate there was excellent. Service was a bit slow when I was there, but due to the foreign exchange students who work there, I had patience enough to stay and wait for my food. Worth the wait.

Breakfast, I recommend the French Toast. YUMMM. Dinner, I had the Surf and Turf. Expensive, but excellent none the less.

Fox's Lobster House: Food Next To The Nubble

Fox's Lobster House Sign

Very close to the Nubble Lighthouse. Small restaurant, also has a little gift shop.

Favorite Dish: Really didn't have a favorite dish. I had lunch there, because I just got to York Beach. I had the Grilled Cheese Sandwich. It was good.

Inn On The Blues: Feeling Blue?? Eat Here

Inn on the Blues Sign

Jazzy Restaurant. Lots of pictures on the wall of Blues Players.

Favorite Dish: Serves Lunch and Dinner.
    Sandwiches, Steak, Seafood, Etc.
    Take-Out for Breakfast.

I ate here for dinner one night. I had the Steak Tips. I recommend it. It was excellent.

When my plate was brought to me, there was this pretty flower on it. I didn't know it was edible until the waitress said that they use this flower to make the coleslaw. Needless to say, I took a picture of it.

• tayloretc's Profile Photo

Sun and Surf: Great food, great view

by tayloretc Written Nov 28, 2005
    Plain sign...

The history on the menu says it began as a hotdog stand in the 60s; it's grown into a pretty, charming restaurant in the middle of a sweep of southern Maine coast. It looks like there's a patio (I was there in winter), but even in the dining room the view of the beach, lighthouse to rocky outcrops, is great.

Favorite Dish: Baked artichoke hearts, lobster alfredo. Dark chocolate mousse.

• Fox Lobster House: $23 Clam Strips Dinner

by Mrleee1 Written Oct 1, 2011

I am a seasonal camper at Eatons in York and I dine at many restaurant s in the area from May to October. I decided to try Fox's with my wife and a guest on Sat Oct 1st 2011. I ordered the $23 fried clam diiner and got three whole belly clams on top of a pile of clam strips. I asked to see the Mgr or Owner and was told she was not available but could talk to her after I paid the bill. Paid the bill and again asked to talk to the Mgr or Owner. Owner "Phylis" came out and I explained the clam strip vs whole belly issue: her verbation quote " Fox uses clams from Canada which do not have large bellies because they explode in the deep fryer".

I told Phylis that this was the most lame answer I have ever heard to justify ripping off a diner...she rushed at me with her finger 10" from my face and told me that I was "just trying to get $23 taken off the bill". My wife and I left. But it was an UGLY scene!

Favorite Dish: none

• Inn On The Blues: Blues has it!

by DebChrisman Updated Jul 3, 2008

Joe and his staff made our sons wedding reception a success. Our guests were treated with friendly smiles, great food and a professional staff. Inn on the Blues is the coolest place on the Short Sands Beach that you could find. Joe helped solve our wedding time crunch and was more than accommodating when we wanted to bring some of our own goodies . If you want a fun, relaxed atmosphere for your wedding or party, great food and staff than this is the place. Check out their rooms too if you want to stay overnight after a night of enjoying live music, dancing or just enjoy the upper deck porch and watch the action outside.

Favorite Dish: Our menu included their mini crab cakes served with a spicy sauce of cajun remoulade, wish I had some now. Also one of everyones favorites at our custom buffet was the seafood lasagna with crab and asiago cheese. I have to say that I am a fan of salad that has a variety of lettuce and fresh greens and veggies and Inn on the Blues hit the mark on that one along with a variety of great dressings, the blue cheese was amazing, my favorite. There are so many other great food choices I can't wait to go back and try them, they have seafood but you can find a wide variety of meat choices as well as vegan or vegetarian choices, we had both at our wedding reception and the presentation of the dishes are beautiful as well as delicious. I hope you get a chance to try them for yourself if you vist York Beach, ME. Check our their web site for live music too!

• Music
    • Singles

Instant Answers: York Beach

Comments

York Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of York Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for York Beach sightseeing.