Abell Travel Guide

• Skiff rounding a point near Frank Morris Point
    Skiff rounding a point near Frank Morris...
  • Collage of the road in the 7th District in the fal
    Collage of the road in the 7th District...
  • House and Garage photographed from a speeding car
    House and Garage photographed from a...

Abell Restaurants

• grandmaR's Profile Photo
    Bob's 1/2 lb spiced shrimp and cole slaw $10.00 4 more images

by grandmaR Updated Sep 11, 2005

Today (Saturday) when Bob asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner I looked through the phone book and called the Frank-Morris Point Restaurant. I thought we had been out to this place a long time ago, and wanted to be sure they would be open. The restaurant is open at 4 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and 12:00 Noon. for brunch on Sundays.

We did get lost as we missed the last sign (they had all been bright yellow and the last one was white), so when we got there it was already dark. We were wrong about having been here before - this was a new place to eat for us. The restaurant has free dockage available for boats.

The specials menu were marked on a dry erase board. There were 7 or 8 tables inside covered with blue oilcloth, and you can eat outside on the deck. They appear to cook one person's food at a time. Bob's food came first and then my food arrived.

Favorite Dish: I had the meatloaf special for $10.95. I had mashed potatoes which were really good - drenched in butter, and stewed zuchini and tomatoes as my sides. The meatloaf and potatoes are in the picture beside the window to the kitchen with the gravy on the side. Bob had an oyster and shrimp basket (with fries) for $12.95. I had a bread pudding (also excellent and also in the same picture) for dessert ($2.25).

We had iced tea to drink but they also have cocktails, slush drinks, wine and beer.

Our total bill was $30.08 plus tip.

When we went again on Friday (2005), we only missed the last turn by a little bit. This time Bob had a half pound of spiced shrimp with hush puppies and cole slaw for $10.95. We didn't get the hush puppies. A pound would have cost $16.00.

I got the broiled rockfish with two sides ($17.95) which was one of the daily specials. I got beets and cole slaw. Again we both had the bread pudding for dessert. Our bill this time with tip was a little over $40.00

I could also have had one of the other specials - fried perch ($12.95), fried croaker (also $12.95), shrimp/oyster basket ($19.95), shrimp salmon cakes ($13.95), stuffed soft shell ($18.95), crab cake/ shrimp ($16.95), pot of clams ($12.95) or a pork chop dinner ($12.95)

• Sailing and Boating

Abell Favorites

• grandmaR's Profile Photo
    Bronze statue- bird bath & wooden bird 3 more images

by grandmaR Written Sep 10, 2005

Favorite thing: Every time I go out to Frank Abell restaurant, I am surprised by the art. There are various kinds of statues outside the building and a rack of matted prints for sale just inside the door. It doesn't look like the kind of place where there would be a hotbed of arty types.

Instant Answers: Abell

Comments

Abell Travel Guide
Map of Abell