Inner Harbor, Annapolis

Know about this? Rate It!

View from the Balcony
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

The Annapolis City Harbor

by lmkluque Updated Jun 21, 2012

The City Dock from the Academy

Favorite thing: While in the city, take a walk along the harbor of Annapolis where there are many things to see and do.

There is even a plaque where the African slave, Kunta Kinte--of Alex Haley's 'Roots' fame--set foot on U S soil.

When I visited, there was only a plaque to see. Now there is the lovely Kunta Kinte-Alex Haley Memorial at the City Dock, where you can see the Alex Haley sculpture group, Compass Rose, and Story Wall. This memorial represents another side of our U.S. history and anyone who doesn't know about Kunta Kinte or Alex Haley, could read their historical story in "Roots" or if you're too lazy to read it, watch the movie on video.

Here you see a view of the harbor from the US Naval Academy across the Severn River.

I love the murky waters of an overcast day.

• Beaches

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Harbor View from a Condo

by grandmaR Updated Apr 27, 2005

View from the Balcony

Favorite thing: We invited an internet friend, an Englishman who had immigrated to Canada, to come sailing with us. He had another friend from the same email group who lived in this condo in Annapolis that overlooked the Annapolis harbor.

Fondest memory: We took our friend to eat hushpuppies, soft crabs, hard crabs and crab cakes (none of which he was familiar with), and also we did an overnight sail in the Potomac.

• Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating

• fmaven's Profile Photo

Just Me & the Ducks at City Dock

by fmaven Written Sep 15, 2005
    Hanging out at City Dock

Favorite thing: I love to sit at City Dock and watch the ducks and the boats come in. Add some gelato and you've got a perfect afternoon.

Fondest memory: I came here on my first anniversary and my husband and I ate gelato and watched the people and just felt calm and happy. The thing I miss the most is peoplewatchign at City Dock.

• Sailing and Boating

• ThereAndBack's Profile Photo

Enjoy a cup of coffee early in...

by ThereAndBack Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Enjoy a cup of coffee early in the morning watching the sunrise over the harbor... even if sunrise is too early for your liking, sleep in and go for a later cup. :-)

Fondest memory: Watching fireworks over the harbor.

Instant Answers: Annapolis