Assateague Island Favorites

Park Ranger Station

Most Recent Favorites in Assateague Island

• Take the Fast Lane

by phastphreddy Written Apr 2, 2005

Favorite thing: Here's what you do if you visit the national seashore a lot. Buy the season pass. Do this even if you already have a season pass for the entire park system; it's worth the twenty bucks. The park entrance has two lanes, one for people who have the parks season pass and one for everyone else. The park's pass has a barcode on it, and you just swipe it trough a little reader and it lets you into the park. If it only seems like a little convenience, just wait until you get a really nice Saturday in June. You'll know what I'm talking about when you zoom buy the line of thirty cars waiting in the heat at the main gate.

Visit the Park Ranger Station

by tpangelinan Written May 25, 2004

Favorite thing: You should go to the Park Ranger's Station for any information you may need or help.
    We rode our bikes from South Beach up to North Beach, this is not a quick trip, now I locked up the bikes so we could go walk on the beach and look at the horses, but as soon as I locked the bikes up I noticed I did NOT have the key to UNLOCK the bikes, they were back in the truck. I went to the Ranger Station and they were nice enough to give me a ride to my truck. So believe me when I say they are very nice and helpful.

Fondest memory: One more note about the rangers is that he told me that if you are handicap, with a permanent disability, and can show proof, you are able to get a FEE Lifetime Golden Access Passport to admit the pass owner and any accompanying passengers in a private vehicle (your own car or truck) for free instead of paying the $10.00 for a week pass. So I went straight to the Ranger Station and got mine!

Park Ranger Station
    • Beaches
    • National/State Park

by tpangelinan Updated May 25, 2004

Favorite thing: The entrance fee for assateague State park is $2.00 a day per person, this fee is only good for the State Park which is beach access, bath house, parking lotand snack bar. Maryland owns 680 acres of the island which is all state park. This beach does have lifeguards from Memorial through Labor Day.
    your can call 410-641-2120 or visit
    www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/eastern/assateague

• National/State Park

by tpangelinan Written May 25, 2004

Favorite thing: Hiking is a big thing here so grab your backpack and walk till you drop. There are miles of places to hike around here, dunes, woods, beach, just name it you can hike it here.

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Assateague Island

Comments

Assateague Island Favorites

Reviews and photos of Assateague Island favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Assateague Island sightseeing.

View all Assateague Island hotels