Phillip's Seafood, Baltimore

• starship's Profile Photo

Phillips Seafood Buffet: All You Can Eat Seafood

by starship Updated Aug 22, 2009

ine of People @Entrance to Phillips Seafood Buffet

When visiting Baltimore's Inner Harbor, you will find a vast selection of restaurants to fit every taste. When we visit Baltimore, we nearly always head for a restaurant serving seafood and after a long visit to the National Aquarium we were long overdue for lunch. We immediately headed to the Phillips Seafood Restaurant, a name very familiar to a lot of people on the East Coast. The upscale restaurant occupies a nice location in one of the Harbor Place buildings, but we found that although the menu looked good, the prices didn't.

Phillips has 2 more seafood venues in the Harbor Place building and we opted for the "Phillips Seafood Buffet." This all-you-can-eat buffet is a seafood lovers' dream --- you have lots of choices and it is all inclusive except for drinks.

This place is so popular that there was a line to get in, and small groups are let in as space becomes available. We had to wait in line about 45 minutes, and it is worth the wait. On the buffet you will find hot & cold seafood items such as steamed shrimp, fish, fried shrimp, fried clams, crab cakes, snow crab legs, mussels, seafood chowder, steamed clams and chilled seafood salad. There are non-seafood dishes as well. If you have room, there are also salads, coleslaw, hot vegetables, hushpuppies, cornbread, etc. Dessert is also included in the price. Look for several flavors of ice cream, assorted cookies, small slices of cake & pie. People literally stay for hours eating at Phillips Seafood Buffet!

Buffet Prices:
    Weekday Lunch $16.99
    Weekend & Dinner $24.99

Mon - Sat 11am-9pm
    Sun 11am-6pm

Favorite Dish: Since I was born in a town by the Chesapeake Bay, I grew up eating a lot seafood. I must admit I love crab (especially Maryland blue crabmeat!!) or lobster dripping with butter; but also, I love fried clams and shrimp and a good piece of flounder. Being a G.R.I.T (Girl Raised in the South) l just love hushpuppies and cornbread!

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Phillip's Seafood: HARBORPLACE

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Picture my sister took of me

For my mom's 91st birthday my sister and I took her down to the inner harbor for lunch. It was too hot for my mom to eat outside, and the restaurant was crowded and a bit noisy, but we had a nice lunch.

RESTAURANT SEATING : 870
    OUTSIDE SEATING : YES ( Seasonal )
    OPEN : Year Round
    RESTAURANT HOURS OF OPERATION :
    Monday-Saturday:
    11 am-10 pm April through September
    11 am-9 pm October through March
    Sunday:
    11 am-9 pm (year-round)
    MENU OPTIONS : Traditional Phillips Menu * Hard Shell Crabs and Crab Feasts * Phillips' Award-Winning Traditional and Premium Crab Cakes * Carry-Out * All-You-Can-Eat Seafood Buffet * Bomster Scallops-- voted the #1 scallop in the world by Gourmet magazine
    PARKING : Garage & Metered Nearby, Discounted Parking at Harbor Court Hotel with Validation
    HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE : YES
    PAYMENT OPTIONS : VISA, MC, DISC, DINERS, AMEX, TRAVELERS CHECKS
    CATERING & GROUP AVAILABILITY : YES, Large & small spaces

Favorite Dish: I'm not sure exactly what we ate - I seem to remember a crab cake sandwich, but can't swear to it.

Currently, the most expensive dinner is a clambake for two at $68.99 which includes 2 whole Maine lobsters, a pound of blue crab clusters, half pound of steamed shrimp, half pound of clams and a pound of mussels plus corn on the cob and baby red potatoes.

Signature dishes are crab cake and fried shrimp $19.99 and Phillips Premium Crab Cakes $23.99. The cheapest dinner entrees are salmon or scallops for $16.99

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Phillip's Seafood: Catch of the Day!

by HotSpotJ Updated Apr 4, 2011

Phillips Seafood

Another great place for seafood in the Inner Harbor!!! I had the all-you-can-eat buffet with an assortment of seafood that features peel-and-eat spiced shrimp, snow crab legs, fish dishes, a raw bar, carving station, homemade soups and chowders, salads, desserts and more, all for only $23!

Favorite Dish: Snow crab legs!

• holligolytly's Profile Photo

There are some great...

by holligolytly Written Aug 25, 2002

There are some great restaurants along the Inner Harbour. My favorites include The Cheesecake Factory, Paolo's, Capital City Brewing Company, and J. Pauls.
    I like to sit out on the patio with a cold beer and good company to watch to boats in the harbour or just the other goofy tourists walking by.

Favorite Dish: If you love a good blue crab, go to Phillips at the
    Light Street Pavilion, 301 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21202

• Tijavi's Profile Photo

Phillips' Seafood: Answering your crab cravings

by Tijavi Updated May 6, 2011

The restaurant's name says it all - it specializes in seafood in a very convenient location - the Harboplace at the Inner Harbor. Try their weekend seafood buffet - take a prophylactic anti-histamine before doing so - that basically serves everything and anything fished out of nearby Chesapeake Bay. Of course, the centerpiece of the buffet spread is Maryland's pride, the blue crab (if in season).

The restaurant does not disappoint in terms of freshness and variety of food (a must for buffets). It could get a bit crowded but the good thing is, most diners are locals despite the very touristy location.

Instant Answers: Baltimore