Sailing - Chesapeake Bay, Baltimore

Know about this? Rate It!

Marina between two ships
    Marina behind tug
    by grandmaR
    Marina from a cruise ship

Anchorage Marina

by grandmaR Updated Jul 20, 2015

This a very popular marina, even if it isn't right in the middle of the inner harbor. We have never gotten to stay here. They don't say anything about wi-fi, so I don't know if they have it

2015 Dockage Rates

Boat US/ Marina Life Discount: $ .10 ft

SLIP RATES

Slip Rates Daily $2/ft. & Holiday/ Event $3/ft.

Daily Weekly Monthly Annually
    $2.50/ft. $7.00/ft. $13.00/ft. $100/ft.

EVENT DAILY RATE $3.50/ft.
    NOTE: Charge per slip size

Electricity Daily/Weekly
    30 Amp - $10.00/day
    50 Amp/Twin 30s - $15.00/Day

Equipment: Amenities
    Pool
    Pool House
    Boater’s Lounge (Available for Rent: Private Parties)
    Showers
    Restrooms
    Laundry Room
    There are restaurants, grocery stores, shopping, etc. all in walking distance from your slip!

Marina from the harbor Marina behind tug Marina between two ships Marina from a cruise ship A second view from a cruise ship
    • Cruise
    • Photography

Inner Harbor Marina

by grandmaR Updated Jul 20, 2015

In 1999, we made a trip on our boat up to Baltimore. I had called Anchorage Marina the day before to get a slip since we needed a pumpout, fuel and I thought we'd do the laundry, but they had no places they said. So I called Inner Harbor. They do give a discount for BoatUS membership. Bob had kind of wanted to anchor out there in the harbor, but I guess we both chickened out.

Called the marina on the radio to find where we were going. Unfortunately another sailboat came in ahead of us and things got confused so I called on the cell phone. We were on D dock and the sailboat ahead of us was too. Looking for the office, I walked down toward the end of the dock where I saw some guys having a beer. They turned out to belong to a couple of the big power boats, and they told me where the office was. We talked a bit - they were under the impression that we were the other sailboat that came in and I pointed out that ours had mast steps. They expressed complete and utter horror at the idea of ever climbing a mast, even at dock.

I walked up to the office, and we paid, and also found out that we couldn't get a pumpout because their lines were broken or something. What a crock. What do people do?

Bob walked to a local market and got soap and did a load of wash. The washers use tokens which you buy at the office. The guy had to hit the machine with his hand to get it to work. They let me use the credit card machine line to hook to the internet, and I used the pay phone to get pocketmail

Bob shaved in the marina bathroom, but we prefer to shower on the boat. Our shower is nicer and we always have plenty of hot water.

Bob walked to the Cross Street market, but he said there was only one vegetable stand open and everything looked tired (not fresh), so he didn't buy anything. We pushed off about 9:20

Equipment: TRANSIENT PRICING
    Weekdays: $ 2.50 ft/per day, plus electric (Monday – Thursday)
    Weekends: $ 3.00 ft/per day, plus electric (Friday, Saturday, Sundays, Holidays, Special Events) *
    Winter Rate - Starting November 1st-April 1st: $1.25/ft weekdays & $1.50/ft weekends ($2.00/ft walkway)!

Dockside Utilities*:
    Cable TV included
    Wi Fi available
    $.10 off a gallon of fuel at any BMC Fuel Pier
    Pump out
    Electric: Marina is only equipped with 50 Amp AC electric.
    50 AMP Electric: $18.00 per day
    Single (1) Phase 100 AMP: $40.00 per day
    Three (3) Phase 100 AMP: $60.00 per day
    480 Volt/200 AMP/3-Phase Electric: $Metered (billed according to usage)
    Splitters may be rented on first come, first served basis.
    *Management reserves the right to charge overage for excessive usage

Marina from the water taxi view of the marina from above lights at night buildings across from the marina Chart of the marina
    • Cruise
    • Eco-Tourism

Sailing to the Chesapeake

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

In one day you can sail the Patapsco River from the Inner Harbor to the Francis Scott Key Bridge and the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay. If your schedule allows more time you can set sail for one of the many wonderful cruising destinations on the Chesapeake Bay such as Rock Hall, Swan Creek, Annapolis, Bodkin Creek and St. Michael's.

In 1999 we took a cruise from the Patuxent up to Baltimore and back. The pictures are in an album.

The boat in the picture didn't go all the way out to the Chesapeake with us. They chickened out and turned back.

Equipment: You can go on your own boat as we did, or you can charter a boat or go on a cruise with a paid crew.

Getaway Sailing (which I have not used) has a
    $250 per person for 2 night cruises. $300 per person for 3 night cruises.

A 50% non-refundable deposit is due at time of reservation.
    A 4 participant minimum and 6 participant maximum applies.

Sailboat following us down the Patapsco
    • Beaches