Know about this? Rate It!
Sailing to the Chesapeake
In one day you can sail the Patapsco River from the Inner Harbor to the Francis Scott Key Bridge and the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay. If your schedule allows more time you can set sail for one of the many wonderful cruising destinations on the Chesapeake Bay such as Rock Hall, Swan Creek, Annapolis, Bodkin Creek and St. Michael's.
In 1999 we took a cruise from the Patuxent up to Baltimore and back. The pictures are in an album.
The boat in the picture didn't go all the way out to the Chesapeake with us. They chickened out and turned back.
Equipment: You can go on your own boat as we did, or you can charter a boat or go on a cruise with a paid crew.
Getaway Sailing (which I have not used) has a
$250 per person for 2 night cruises. $300 per person for 3 night cruises.
A 50% non-refundable deposit is due at time of reservation.
A 4 participant minimum and 6 participant maximum applies.
- Sailing and Boating
- Water Sports
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Baltimore Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Siquijor Island
- Aswan Hotels
- Kampong Kinasaraban Hotels
- Pulau Rawa Hotels
- Phetchabun Hotels
- Punta Gorda
- IronMan Triathlon
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil Sports & Outdoors
- Muscat Sports & Outdoors
- Negombo Sports & Outdoors
- Endurance Trail Running
- Dalian Sports & Outdoors
- Hammamet Sports & Outdoors
- Moldova Sports & Outdoors
- Fredericton Sports & Outdoors
- Extreme Sports
- Kyonggi-do Sports & Outdoors
- Pulau Langkawi Sports & Outdoors