Been here? Rate It!
Frances Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner here during the War of 1812. The staff do a little presentation in a darkened room and as the Star Spangled Banner plays through the loudspeakers, the giant curtains open to the huge American flag. I was trying not to laugh during all of this because I know many people take this stuff seriously, I am not one of them.
Here's where the inspiration for our National Anthem 'The Star Spangled Banner' came from. An interesting monument, well worth the visit
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Baltimore Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Pretoria Hotels
- Pokhara Hotels
- Kejimkujik National Park Hotels
- Wildwood Crest Hotels
- Ho Chi Minh City