Benedict Travel Guide

• Onion rings and tuna with pecan lemon butter
    Onion rings and tuna with pecan lemon...
    Blackboard with specials
  • Benedict

Benedict Restaurants

• grandmaR's Profile Photo
    Restaurant from the parking lot across the street 4 more images

by grandmaR Updated Oct 20, 2006

When we used to go to this restaurant, it was Tony's Riverhouse. Now it has been taken over by the people who ran The House of Ribs in Charlotte Hall and is the River's Edge. There is parking beside the restaurant, plus a lot across the street.

They have a nice dining room that looks out on the water, but it seems echo-y. There was a woman there who had a very irritating laugh (and she laughed about every minute or so), and it made the room very noisy - the room seemed to magnify every sound.

I noticed that they had lighthouses painted on glass (and hung in the windows so that the light would shine through them) by William Rye, and these were for sale (photo 5), but I thought them quite amateurish, and think I could do better.

The wait-staff was young and a bit disorganized. I had a hard time getting them to bring me a dessert (even though the specials board advised us to "leave room for pie"), and when they did, it didn't have a spoon or anything to eat it with because they had removed the utensils when they took away the plates of the main course.

Favorite Dish: There were specials on the chalkboard (photo 4), and I thought I would have the tuna with pecan lemon butter for $17.95. The waitress asked me if I wanted something (can't remember what) with it, and I said yes, but that kicked it into the regular menu - not the special - so it cost more than the $17.95. It wasn't a very big piece of tuna and came with cole slaw and onion rings (photo 2).

The specials board advised us to start off with BBQ shrimp, but I had a cup of cream of crab soup which was the soup of the day instead. Other starters are blackened scallops ($10.95) or vegetable crab soup ($2.95/cup) .

Another special on the board was Ribs and Oyster dinner for $19.95. But there is also ribs and crab cake ($21.95) from the regular menu, and there is always a prime rib special on Fridays ($19.95). Since the chief organizer is a ribs person, you can also get baby back ribs ($13.95 for a small rack), filet mignon ($22.95) and NY strip ($18.95)

Regular desserts are chocolate chocolate cake, cheesecake, strawberry shortcake and carrot cake all for $5.95 a serving. I had the blackberry pie (photo 3), which is more like a blackberry cream pie.

Instant Answers: Benedict

Comments

Benedict Travel Guide
Map of Benedict