Broomes Island Travel Guide

Cold basket with soup inset

Broomes Island Restaurants

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Updated Aug 27, 2003

This is the original Stoney's, but there are 3 branches - Prince Frederick, Solomons and Dowell.

It is hard to find this one - there's only one road in Broome's Island -- almost. You get down to the end of the road and there's a sign that says "You've missed Stoney's". So we turned around and saw the Oyster House Road - the only other road - and turned on it. Down at the end was Stoney's .

It is a nice looking grey wood shingled structure with a lot of docks and ducks, and a lot of tables outside. We wented to sit inside though because it was hot and humid.

Favorite Dish: They are supposed to have the best crab cakes in the area. But the big one (a pound) was $16.00 for a sandwich and the half pound one was $12.00. They also had hard crabs but the regular ones were $36.00/dozen and the jumbos were $42.00/dozen. Bob thought that was too expensive although I'm told my BIL paid $72/doz in Baltimore.

So Bob got the cold basket (shrimp salad, crab salad, cole slaw and potato salad-pictured) and I got the bbq basket (half rack, fries and cole slaw). Mine was $12.95 and his was $10.95.

We each got a cup of soup - I got cream of crab and Bob was supposed to have Stoney's crab. But they brought him cream of crab too. When I spoke about the mistake, they brought Stoney's crab too, but Bob was too full to eat much of it. It is very good soup though -tomato based with quite a bit of Old Bay in it - spicy.

After dinner I went and fed my leftover crackers to the ducks.

Cold basket with soup inset

Instant Answers: Broomes Island

Comments

Broomes Island Travel Guide
Map of Broomes Island