Chevy Chase Travel Guide

• Restaurants

Chevy Chase Restaurants

• alycat's Profile Photo

by alycat Written Mar 17, 2013

i was invited for an engagement party at this restaurant. The lunch buffet had the usual Indian dishes and I was not expecting anything extraordinary, but surprisingly the dishes were all amazingly tasty and the meat was Halal.

The meat dishes were awesome, but I was disappointed with the naan and kheer, but would definitely recommend this place for good tasting Indian food.

Favorite Dish: I loved the tandoori chicken chops, chicken tikka makhani, and saag makai which had spinach and corn kernels cooked with fenugreek leaves and spices among the vegetarian dishes.

• alycat's Profile Photo
    Beautiful interiors 4 more images

by alycat Updated Mar 12, 2013

I had read good reviews about this place and also since it is close to my work place, thought I needed to do my due diligence. It is located in an office building, might not be easy to locate, but you just have to stop your car or stop walking and look around, and there you see it, a big enough signboard.

Unfortunately, I found the staff and management to be a little condescending and haughty, like they have seen enough customers or maybe that's their accent or they didnt like my face, but I preferred to ignore it.

But then right before I was leaving, the maître d or maybe it was the manager, told me to have a good day. I said thanks and that I usually write reviews, and he said 'everbody does that nowadays'. Giving me an impression that I was one of the many painful customers he has to deal with on a daily basis. What I was about to tell him was that I was going to write a good review about his restaurant and that I blog, but he was not too impressed. He and the staff gave me the impression that they do not care about my review or my opinion. Maybe they have their regular clientele and did not care for my business.

Favorite Dish: I got bread and butter as an appetizer as is the custom at most places. For entree, I had the Rainbow trout sautéed with amazing tasting capers lemon sauce served with vegetables and boiled potatoes. The capers and lemon sauce gave the fish an amzing taste and flavor. I was in a rush and could not have any dessert, but will try that next time. I also complimented the waiter on the amazing meal I just had.

I loved the food and might come here again, but will prefer to just eat, pay and leave and not talk to any member of the staff.

Ok, I visited this place again for dinner a month after my initial visit and had another dish and this is an update. I was trying to sit in a quite corner with my wife and not catch the staff's attention, but there was hardly anyone there and this time the staff was really nice.

For appetizer we had Recheados com Queijo, which is stuffed ravioli with ricotta cheese, served with tomato cream sauce. Then of course the rainbow trout again along with the Penas Vegetarianas, which had penne pasta with sun dried tomatoes, olives, artichokes, peppers, roasted garlic and basil oil, all wonderfully boiled and extremely tasty. Another good reason to come back here!

I must admit the whole experience is like the soup nazi episode from Friends!

• Chevy Chase Hotels

0 Hotels in Chevy Chase

Instant Answers: Chevy Chase

Comments

Chevy Chase Travel Guide
Map of Chevy Chase