Cobb Island Travel Guide

• Cobb Island
    Katie on the dock
    by littlesam1
    Larry and some crab traps

Cobb Island Things to Do

Larry and some crab traps 1 more image

by littlesam1 Written Sep 23, 2008

Katie and I took some time to explore the waterfront and enjoy the quiet beauty of the small harbor in Cobb Island. This is not a bustling resort, or busy tourist trap. Cobb Island is just a small water front community with a very different life style from what I know in the city of Baltimore. Although I now live in a big city, I was raised in a small town on the northern part of the Chesapeake Bay, so I can appreciate the lifestyle and quiet peace of this small community.

Bridge across the Neale Sound 1 more image

by littlesam1 Written Sep 23, 2008

Cobb Island is located just off a pennisula in the Potomac River in Charles County. The bridge across the Neale Sound is pictured here. This bridge takes you the small island. La Plata is the last major town before you get to Cobb Island. If you need gas or want to stop for lunch this will be your last chance. As you drive farther south into Southern Maryland the communities get more isolated and there are not a lot of restaurants.

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Not a lot going on here!

by littlesam1 Written Sep 23, 2008

I went to Cobb Island on a hot August afternoon in the summer of 2008. I was taking a day trip from my home in Baltimore to visit some of the small and historic communities in Southern Maryland. My partner Mark and I found the small community on our road atlas and thought we would make it one of our stops on the trip. We found a very small island community with not a lot happening. I believe this sign at the entrance tells the story. We ventured on into the small community and took some time to walk along its waterfront and enjoy its quiet and charm.

Cobb Island Restaurants

• by crabres Written Jul 9, 2009

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO VISTI BY BOAT OR CAR... WENT ON A FRIDAY NIGHT.. THEY SERVED THIS AWESOME DELMONICO STEAK.. OR NEW YORK BUT I CHOSE THE DELMONICO.. MY WIFE HAD THE CRAB CAKE DINNER.. GREAT SERVICE AND THE FOOD WAS NOT FROZEN... WE NOW ARE REGULARS.. I LOVE TO GIVE A GREAT RESTAURANT CREDIT....

Favorite Dish: THE MENU IS EXTENSIVE.. TRY ANYTHING YOU'LL LOVE IT
    DID I MENTION THERE IS AN ICE CREAM PARLOR ACROSS THE STREET FOR DESSERT.. SOFT SERVE TO

by littlesam1 Written Sep 23, 2008

If you find yourself on Cobb Island for some reason there is a small restaurant on the waterfront. Its located directly after the cross the bridge over the Neale Sound. I did not eat here. It was early in the day and there were a lot of places we wanted to see on our day trip into Southern Maryland. There are some table outside by the pier and a small area inside also. The good news is according to their sign you can buy a Bud here. That works for me.

• Cobb Island Hotels

0 Hotels in Cobb Island

Instant Answers: Cobb Island

Comments

Cobb Island Travel Guide
Map of Cobb Island