College Park Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by Herkbert

Most Recent Restaurants in College Park

• alycat's Profile Photo

Food Factory: Subcontinental splash!

by alycat Updated Mar 22, 2014
    Chicken Biryani..don't miss it

Small and simple place in a strip mall. Good natured and courteous staff. It is close to the University of Maryland and attracts a lot of students, maybe explains why the prices here are so affordable!

I was so happy and satisfied after my meal, I hunted down the chef back in the kitchen, shook hands, and complimented him on his amazing creation!

Favorite Dish: Chicken Biryani. Period!

The best Chicken Biryani in town..hands down (or maybe I haven't eaten in many places or worse still, I don't know what I'm talking about.) Still, please go ahead and give it a shot, if you know what biryani tastes like or should taste like!

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

Varsity Grille: Good food and friendly people

by Herkbert Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Varsity Grille is what I would consider to be a combination sports bar and family restaurant. The food was very good and there were plenty of choices of beers and nibble food for watching the game. The service was very friendly and attentive.

There are numerous televisions around the restaurant to catch whatever sporting event you are interested in. The location is just up from the University of Maryland, so it can get busy when school is in session.

Definitely worth stopping when you find yourself in College Park.

Favorite Dish: The Varsity Burger was the favorite of the group we were there with.

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Seven Seas Restaurant: Good Japanese and Chinese Food in College Park

by AlbuqRay Updated Sep 17, 2008

Entrance

In Nov 07 I asked the guy at the Comfort Inn front desk where to find good Asian food in College Park. He recommended the Seven Seas Restaurant. It was only about 4 blocks away, so we tried it. I ate Chinese but they do sushi also. It was so good (and reasonably priced) that I went back with colleagues from the symposium two nights later. One got Chirashi (sashimi over seasoned rice) and it looked good too. Be sure to check for the daily specials. I noticed that they also do lots of carry-out.

Favorite Dish: The crispy eggplant ($6.95) was delicious. I had it both times I was there. Large pieces of eggplant covered with batter are fried crispy and then covered with a spicy sauce. To give you an idea of the prices, the Chirashi was $12.95, Vegetable Tempura was $10.50, and the Soft Shell Crab was $13.95.

When I looked at their web page after I got back to Albuquerque, I found out that I missed this (it's just on the Chinese menu)... "A popular choice is the rice wine cooked chicken, which Shen said is one of the most requested authentic items they sell. Served in a sizzling iron hot pot, the sweet, heady stew with tender chunks of chicken, whole garlic cloves and thick slices of ginger is a steal at $9.95." Wow, that sounds good! Guess I'll have to go back.

Well, I went back in Sep 08, tried the rice wine cooked chicken, and I can see why it is so popular. It is described perfectly above and is delicious! This time I was by myself and it helped me notice how big the servings are. They are big enough for two meals for me.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: College Park

Comments

College Park Restaurants

Reviews and photos of College Park restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for College Park sightseeing.