Columbia Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Columbia

• BillNJ's Profile Photo

Bob Evans: Great Bob Evans Restaurant off of I-95

by BillNJ Updated Mar 13, 2008

I am a serious connoisseur of "road food", and I have experienced the good, the bad, and everything in between. I first experienced Bob Evans while living in South Bend, Indiana -- and I originally thought it was only a Midwestern chain. I was thrilled when I discovered the large, clean Bob Evans that is located conveniently off Interstate 95 in Columbia, Maryland.

Bob's is worth a visit at anytime during the day. My favorite, though, is either lunch or dinner. The entrees are basic meals -- order whatever you prefer. The key is your choice of side dishes. In my opinion, Bob makes the best green beans with ham on earth. They are so good that I've contemplated ordering just green beans and ham as my appetizer, entree, and dessert. The other specialty is the warm buttermilk biscuits. Mmmm, mmmmm, good.

What kind of food does Bob Evans serve? I would describe it as basic, down-home American. In my opinion, the best chain restaurant on the open road.

Favorite Dish: Try the green beans with ham as a side dish -- in my opinion, the best in the world. Also, the warm buttermilk biscuits and coffee are as good as you will find anywhere at a road restaurant.

• ReinaMorena's Profile Photo

New Cheesecake Factory in Columbia, MD: Just Opened!

by ReinaMorena Written Nov 17, 2006

Every one that has ever been to Cheesecake knows that the food is pretty good. That is why the lines are always soo long no matter where you find one. No they do not take phone reservations. You can call to see how long the average wait for a table is so you wont be surprised when you get there. If you have the time try it out....and if you only like there dessert then there are plenty of places to eat first near, then you can have the wait in the long lines to burn off dinner and you wont be starving to death waiting on food.

Favorite Dish: BB@ Shrimp, Crab Ragoon, Strawberry Shortcake (on a Biscuit)

• El Azteca: Best Mexican Around

by Geeedavey Written May 16, 2005

II or my wife have probably tried 90% of the menu. Everything is excellent. Nice atmosphere, considering its in a strip mall. Go on Sunay - they have mariachis who play well and harmonize great.

Favorite Dish: I like the sobreso (pork burrito), my wife loves the trout. Sangria is wonderful.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Rocky Run Tap & Grille: My Daughter's Favorite

by grandmaR Updated Sep 28, 2003
    Restaurant from parking lot

There are three of these restaurants locally - one in Baltimore, one in Glen Burnie and one in Columbia. I've been to the one in Glen Burnie. There is also one in Rexdale ON.

This time we went to the one in Columbia for lunch with my daughter, SIL and grandson.

They have a lot of microbrews and my SIL had a lemon wheat beer which came with a souvenier glass. The tables are covered with kraft paper and they provide mugs of crayons for doodling. We sat in a booth decorated with photos of Elvis. There was a bunch of TVs in the middle of the room, and one of them had a trivia game on it, but I couldn't see it very well. The other had a sports show.

The waiter was very quick and attentive and the children's menu was quite extensive and was not limited to chicken nuggets and burgers.

Favorite Dish: I had lemonade ($1.99), Half and Half - cup of soup (in my case I added $1.20 for cream of crab instead of the soup of the day), and half a pita sandwich of roast beef ($7.55) and a carmel apple bake for dessert ($3.88).

Bob had iced tea ($1.69) and Pork Bessie BBQ ($7.88).

My daughter had Shickshinny chicken ($7.88), peanut butter crunch pie ($3.96) and a diet coke ($1.69).

My son-in-law had two lemon wheat beers (first one with the glass was $5.97 and refill was $2.99) and a double decker reuben ($7.91).

My grandson had a child's rib end (his mom got dibs on his applesauce, but he ate the three ribs and the french fries) for $3.99, a coke and an Edy's kid sundae ($1.56).

The total bill for lunch for 5 of us including tip was $72.83.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Columbia

Comments

Columbia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Columbia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Columbia sightseeing.