Ellicott City Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Ellicott City

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo

Tersiguels: Great French Country Food

by AKtravelers Written Nov 9, 2009

When ever I'm back in Ellicott City and I want to have a nice dinner, I always choose Tersiguel's as THE PLACE to go. With fresh produce and goat cheese coming from the French owner's Howard County farm, the menu pays homage to the ideal of French country cooking -- only the freshest, finest ingredients. You can go here for a wonderful brunch or a stupendous dinner. Their menu features all the French classics, served in an old home that transports you into the fields of Bourgogne. Tersiguels is perenially one of the top restaurants in the area, according to Baltimore Magazine. Go here and you'll see why.

• Niko Japanese Restaurant: Japanese lunch buffet

by gr8-s-cape Updated Apr 9, 2007

This restaurant is outside the historic district but in a strip shopping center (Normandy Shopping Center) off Route 40 (Baltimore National Pike). It is simply decorated with blond wood furnishings and Japanese block prints on the walls. When you enter, walk toward the back of the restaurant where you will be seated. Their luncheon buffet, Monday thru Saturday only, will entitle you to a large selection of dishes for approximately $10 per person. There must be over 10 different sushi choices, miso soup, green salad, seaweed salad, dumplings, tempura, teriyaki chicken, fresh fruits, etc. I think this is a treasure that's quietly hidden in an older strip center.

Favorite Dish: For the price, you get a feast with their buffet. However, the sushi is very small, like tiny appetizers. But, that's what makes it enjoyable. You can sample whatever you want, as much as you want. For those who are not 'into' sushi, the buffet spread has enough to satisfy everyone. For dinner, their "bento boxes" offer a wonderful selection. The bento boxes are black lacquered boxes that are sectioned into smaller areas that hold salad, rice, dumplings, sushi, main dish (chicken, fish, etc), etc.

• Business Travel

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

Ellicott Mills Brewing Company: My least favorite restaurant in Ellicott City

by littlesam1 Updated Jul 20, 2006

If you want good beer I would recommend the Ellicott Mill Brewing Company. They have their own micro brewery on the premises and the beer is very good. If you are looking for a really good meal to go along with your beer then your out of luck in my opinion. I try never to judge a restaurant on one visit. There is always the chance it was just a bad day, you ordered the wrong thing, or the cook was just not in a good mood. But after several visits I have never been satisfied with the food at the Ellicott Mills Brewing Company. The bar is a lot of fun on the weekends. It caters to a young crowd usually which kind of leaves me out but my daughters like it.

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

La Palapa: Great Mexican Food

by littlesam1 Updated Jul 20, 2006

La Palapa's has some of the best Mexican food in the area and reasonable prices. The restaurant is large and comfortable inside. Plus there is a large deck outside for dining. The deck is covered so even if its raining you can still enjoy the outdoors. There is also a bar and large dance floor area. The margarita's are beyond description and potent. If you are in the area on Cinco de Mayo this is the place to be.

• Tiber River Tavern: Excellent

by samster97 Written Jun 12, 2005

This is a wonderful little tavern in super-cute Ellicott City, Maryland. It has a formal dining room but we always eat in the booths in the pub area. It's got great contemporary food -- terrific appetizers like fried green tomatoes, crab soup, great sandwiches -- and a relaxing atmosphere. Great place if you're looking for a good meal and not too much hassle.

Favorite Dish: Definitely the fried green tomatoes. It's got a wonderful relish side to go with it with watercress and other things. Just a terrific mix of flavors!

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Bare Bones Grill & Brewery: Brew Pub?

by grandmaR Updated May 24, 2004

Menu food and grandson

After we got back from the winter in FL, we went to our daughter's in Ellicott City to get our mail. Also we hadn't seen their house since they had moved into it. They took us out for a late lunch/early dinner. The restaurant they wanted wasn't open yet, so we ended up here.

Apparently two guys from PA started this out as a BBQ restaurant, and later they started brewing beer. Now the brewing is done in Cockeysville where they have another restaurant. [I have heard that a restaurant chain can't brew beer at more than one location in MD.}

They sell bbq sauce and clothing items and they apparently have music on weekends and a good happy hour.

Favorite Dish: According to their website they were voted "Best Ribs" in 2003 and also best Happy Hour.

I had a bbq sandwich ($6.99)with fritters and root beer. The root beer and the sandwich were good but the fritters were raw inside. My SIL had a beer and a sandwich, and my husband had a hamburger. My daughter got a half rack and shared with our grandson.

I don't know how much it cost because I don't have the charge slip, and their website has no prices.

Some reviews are very good and some are lukewarm.

• Beer Tasting

• Tersiguels is a very nice...

by jc2000 Written Aug 24, 2002

Tersiguels is a very nice restaurant. I've never really been there but my friends have. Every year, students from my school band are selected to play at Tersiguels to entertain the diners. It is rated as one of the best restaurants in Baltimore (I think that is the city).
    The chiefs cook wonderful dishes. The only real warning is that meals are very expensive. Oh, and this is a very formal place. Don't wear anything bad to the resaurant. Wear something formal (It doesn't have to be too dressy though).

• Human Manor: Human Manor

by jc2000 Written Aug 24, 2002

This restaurant is wonderful. It's actually a Chinese restaurant. I do believe that there are spicy dishes there (if you like spice. I can't really stand it though.) I really like the way the dishes are prepared. They are always delicious.

Favorite Dish: There are lots of nice dishes made by the chiefs. I'm not really sure which dish I like the best.

Instant Answers: Ellicott City

Comments

Ellicott City Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ellicott City restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ellicott City sightseeing.

View all Ellicott City hotels