Airport from Suburban Maryland
to National Airport
- shuttle or METRO. Metro you will need to transfer at Metro Center. Trip will take about 50-60 minutes
Shuttle is the easiest. You could take metro out to the end of the line in Virginia but that is still a good ways from the airport
Airports serving Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg is served by THREE major airports: Baltimore/Washington International (BWI), Reagan National (DCA), and Dulles (IAD). All about about the same distance: a little less than an hour by freeway or major road. All are accessible by public transportation, although Reagan National is the easiest since it is served by Metro. Buses run between Metro stations and BWI or IAD. Shady Grove station, the end of the Red Line, serves Gaithersburg.
BWI flights are often the cheapest.
You can use WAS (Washington metropolitan area) in many web sites to search for flights through any of the three airports.
- Budget Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.