Gambrills Travel Guide

Sign from inside the restaurant
    Half a pulled chicken BBQ
  • Side of Boston Market showing drive through car-R
    Side of Boston Market showing drive...

Gambrills Restaurants

by grandmaR Written Nov 6, 2011

I first became aware of Boston Chicken about 10 years ago. It is a kind of a cross between a chain cafeteria and a fast food place. Shortly after I saw the first Boston Chicken, they changed their name to Boston Market.

You can eat in the restaurant, but the food is marketed for you to get a whole dinner and then take it home to eat.

For Thanksgiving, they have a series of Banquets for 12 that includes turkey, ham or chicken, two vegetables and rolls and you can add extras.

Favorite Dish: We stopped for lunch at the one Boston Market that is in Gambrills in a building that used to be a Roy Rogers and it has a drive-in but this is the only one I've seen like that

I love all the vegetables that are available here - it is hard to choose but in this case Bob and I both had the pulled chicken BBQ sandwich. He just got the sandwich for $6.29, but I got the combo for $8.58 which included one side and a drink. I got green tea to drink.

Side of Boston Market showing drive through car-R Half a pulled chicken BBQ Counter inside Sign from inside the restaurant Side of mac & cheese
    • Seniors

by grandmaR Updated Apr 9, 2010

This restaurant was called Rick's American Grill and was east of our beaten track but was worth coming out of the way for. When you go in, you seat yourself in a booth on the no smoking section or at a table in the smoking section. On a Friday night you need to get here early.

I'm a little concerned that it may have changed since the website says:

"We are a neighborhood family style restaurant under new ownership. We serve great food and great portions at great prices.

".. with reasonably priced, home-style meals made from the finest ingredients, cooked to order, and served with personal attention and a courteous smile.

"Ask your server about our weekend and mid-week specials, as well as our pastry and dessert selections. And call for carryout and catering orders. We'll fix you right up!"

Hours of Operation
    Mon - Fri. - 7:00am - 9:00pm
    Sat. - Sun. - 7:00am - 3:00pm

Favorite Dish: Service is good and one of my favorite things to have here is the beef which is tender enough to cut with a fork.

Grilled Chicken - in a Polynesian marinade $8.95
    Rick's Seafood Medley $11.95
    Sauteed Shrimp $10.95

Logo from their webpage

by grandmaR Updated Apr 9, 2007

Kaufmans is a little bit off the beaten track for us, but not too far. They have a little sign pointing the way on Maryland Route 3. In addition to the restaurant, they also do catering.

The restaurant looks like an ordinary wooden building in the front, but in the back has large glass windows looking out on the woods. You enter through the bar and there are tables inside to the left (along with a tank of lobsters) and there are also tables to the right which connect out into the back room. There is also a sign indicating that you can eat on the deck outside.

Formerly, each server had a hand-held device with which to transmit orders to the kitchen. So that you would know immediately if they are out of something. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

The rest rooms are downstairs - not at all handicapped accessible.

Favorite Dish: I had the $15.95 prime rib dinner off the special menu which included a house salad (oil dressing), and a side (cole slaw - which I had - or rice or baked potato or fries) and a small amount of sauted squash. They burned a K (for Kaufmann) in the middle of it. Bob had a broiled crab cake sandwich for $14.00. The total - drinking water and with no dessert was $31.45. I thought it was a little bit expensive for what we got.

Kaufman's from the road Specials menu House salad Prime rib with horseradish and Ladies room

Gambrills Nightlife

by grandmaR Written May 11, 2006

I should make it clear at the outset that I have NOT been to any live music performances at this place.

But when I picked up the calendar, it showed Live Music Friday and Saturday nights 9 pm to 1 am, and a Live Jazz Brunch on Sunday 10-2. Sometimes there is a comedian on Thursday. They also have a daily happy hour, and "the O's and Nats all season". (baseball)

On the other nights they have specials in the dining room.

Monday is Live Maine Lobster for $15/lb.
    Tuesday is $25 Crab Feast
    Wednesday is Prime Rib Night
    Thursday is Fiesta with Corona/Margaritas for $3 and Mexican food specials.

Dress Code: I saw a lady in the dining room in shorts and sandals.

Sign outside Kaufmanns Inside of the main dining room Stained glass lobster Part of menu Part of menu
    • Music

Instant Answers: Gambrills

Comments

Gambrills Travel Guide
Map of Gambrills